• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,810

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have been tracking this broadband service from the NASDAQ listed company since 12 months now and they seem to be touching new levels of idiocy with every new update. They call their service broadband and then sell packages, which give speeds that make Dialup looks rocking cool. Then they apply hidden limits, which everyone but a new customer is made aware off! The problems are so painful that one ex-customer has actually sued the company asking for compensation. I myself had to leave my HomeTown (Panchkula) and move to Gurgaon where I found Airtel Broadband.

The effects of the lawsuits are already visible. Sify Broadband’s new brochures mentions about previously unheard off Service Charges and hidden limits. Even the new package page mentions about their hidden limit in a rather subtle form. Sify Broadband reduces the speeds of connections to meager 16-24kbps after a user downloads 75-100 Megs of data. This can be clarified by calling the customer support. The product page however just mentions:

Usage >= 100 MB/day will be deemed as commercial use

More: Sify Broadband Insanities

If only we can prove that they have these kind of limits, TRAI may take action and Sify will be required to compensate all of us 😀

trai is quite crippled... courts need to step in. someone needs to get the customer care people on tape and present it in court. or whatever. i am happy i got atleast 2x128kbps unlimited lines from airtel. expensive but a lot better than sify broadband.

Well, if someone is willing to do that, hey I'm game to support that cause. But Sify might someone expend all my money, and I don't want that to happen.

consumer courts are quite cheap. but looking at ankur's experiences i have my doubts 😉

Overall, how much did he have to spend to make his case clear? Has it been resolved or has he got compensated?

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 6 2005, 11:06 AM
read people: http://ankurraheja.com/weblog/index.php?p=40
[snapback]5561[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is not the case...
Proceedings are held in an disciplined manner, and they are duty bound to decide the case in few months time. Date was only because I didn't bribe the staff....

I have previous experience also.
Anyone can visit any Consumer Forum and find for yourself 😀