Mukesh Ambani Broadband Co 4G Test

• Thread starter Thread starter gaurang08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 15,670
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will launch near Diwali.

Lets hope these devices are available at an affordable rate, I am one of those who is desperately waiting for 4G to come in, my netconnect gives me speed of around 300 - 400 kbps most of the time.

Lets hope these devices are available at an affordable rate,

I am one of those who is desperately waiting for 4G to come in, my netconnect gives me speed of around 300 - 400 kbps most of the time.

yeah, u can easily get adsl like constant experience(2-4mbps) with short gifts of 10-11mbps and expect 30-40+mbps at dead night with one or two download maniacs. Expect 4-6 times more FUP's than 3G or even more if rel. wants to stretch.

About the device reliance will have to subsidize it at start, the price is still high in the 60-70$ range.
😛leasantry:

So v r now seriously seeing the idea of a 4G connection soon? That wud be awesome really! And if FUPs are high - say 50-60 GB pm, then it wud be more than enuf for me.

So v r now seriously seeing the idea of a 4G connection soon? That wud be awesome really! And if FUPs are high - say 50-60 GB pm, then it wud be more than enuf for me.

yeah 4G is actually there as per my knowledge:doh:, the hspa equipment acquired by all ops who have installed 3G equipments are all already LTE ready(expect rel. infotel ofcourse). just a matter of throwing the switch on. Airtel is likely to go for early start this diwali whereas infotel will start in 2012.

Wrt to FUP I too hope they give that or even more. There was a report in a newspaper that it will cost 1000 rs for unlimited plan:angel_not:, though not a very good idea.....so lets hope for the best.

yeah, u can easily get adsl like constant experience(2-4mbps) with short gifts of 10-11mbps and expect 30-40+mbps at dead night with one or two download maniacs.

Right now my datacard gives me 1 - 1.5 mbps at 1 to 2 am 🙁 30 mbps would be like a dream come true.

Expect 4-6 times more FUP's than 3G or even more if rel. wants to stretch.

Are you sure about this?
I fear the plans would be like some 3G plans with 5 - 6 GB limit, if the FUP is around 50 GB (for 1200/month) that would be enough for me.

Broadband users in India had nothing to celebrate in the past years, let's hope LTE could change the situation.

Right now my datacard gives me 1 - 1.5 mbps at 1 to 2 am 🙁 30 mbps would be like a dream come true.

yeah i have got the same frm bsnl 3G at dead nights. was to much of a problem but it was frm a 3.6mbps(or maybe 7.2mbps) tower. hence a 100.8 mbps lte tower would equivalent performance.

Are you sure about this?
I fear the plans would be like some 3G plans with 5 - 6 GB limit, if the FUP is around 50 GB (for 1200/month) that would be enough for me.

Broadband users in India had nothing to celebrate in the past years, let's hope LTE could change the situation.

no 5-6GB is not even a possiblity, it will be a disaster for reliance infotel:vamplaser:. Remember they will only come up with dongles and nothing else(may be LTE-tdd phones later), they will have to position the price wrt to a adsl provider and not a 3G op. And also one of the reasons for this high FUP's in 3G ops is that they have to take in voice traffic as well on its network which eats up a some BW but gets higher priority.

A 100 mbps tower can dissipate approx. 45 GB per hr and 1000Gb per day. If a tower serves 500 customers(which quite a high no.) expect 2GB of data per day with aggressive throttling at peak hours. So u can easily get 55-60GB per month. But initially with lower no. of customers they will definitely go for unlimited plans.

I would expect something like this initially 500rs-25GB, 1000rs.-50GB, 1500rs.-unlimited........or may be even better who knows:iomg:

----------

But yes the main question remians when will they launch exactly...so little info comes out !! looks like they still haven't selected tower firm/equipment vendors etc with now just 4 months remaining...:doofywave:

Status
Not open for further replies.