Tata Sky HD feed coming with 5.1 audio output for NGC and Discovery HD?

• Thread starter Thread starter bharmf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8,182

bharmf

ISP
Airtel
Guys,I am wondering, TS HD feed is coming with 5.1 audio for Discovery and NGC?I am not getting, Voice is coming in all the channel speakers so I am thinking this not real 5.1..Any Idea Guys.

ngc hd is faux 5.1 like a Prologic coding...but prologic is even better than that. Discovery HD is true DD5.1 (AC3). The NGC HD problem is there only with TS HD Though. The Star Plus HD and Sports HD audios are even worse

I had Airtel HD and now having Reliance HD DVR, both were not providing surround sound audio whatever the format they claim for NatGeo HD. But its audio is better than NatGeo (Non HD). Means NatGeo HD's audio is a better stereo which can be simulated to surround sound by Dolby ProLogic or DTS by receiver. But whereas NatGeo's audio is not that good stereo. So it is not getting simulated to surround sound at all.Not only NatGeo (Non HD) many other channels are not in a good stereo but the DTH operators claim their audio is CD quality. All its being done to accommodate more number of channels.

Hmmm...My connection is like below setup because TS HD is not having optical output.From STB to TV(Samsung Full HD) - Connected through HDMI cableFrom TV to Home Theater - Connected through Optical cableI tested by playing HD videos with real 5.1 movies through my pen drive by connecting the pen drive in TV. I can get the 5.1 surround sound.But i am not getting 5.1 for HD channels (Nat Geo and Discovery). Now Its clear they are not providing in 5.1 surround sound for any channels. They provide clear stereo for HD channel. In websites and all cheating as they give 5.1 surround sound.

Its only u that is not getting 5.1 surround sound. Discovery HD has 5.1 channel surround sound. NGC HD has mono which they have dubbed into surround sound.

@ Jignesh.....I hope you don't have TS HD at your place because if you had then you definitely would not have said the above statement. Nat Geo HD is not mono, but it reads as a proper DD5.1 stream with 384kbps BUT and please note its a BIG BUT the DD 5.1 stream being provided by TS is being remixed at their end somehow (to accommodate the bandwidths probably)that the sound gets distorted. the Dialogue comes from the Front Left and Rear L&R speakers instead of the centre speaker and there is a wierd senseof booming surround instead of clear audio and proper DD5.1 as in case of Discovery HD World. BUT again this is a BIG BUT , Discovery HD World is painted with the HUGE TATA(SKY opaque logo. its not the translucent kind as on other channels giving a very unpleasant look to it. If SUN was not bad in its service I would have definitely switched to SUN HD

Jignesh, Discovery HD in 5.1 may come in TS HD. I can not comment on that as I don't have that. BTW how is your setup/connection?And one more thing, AFAIK, mono can not be made into surround sound. A stereo can be. But still it should be good enough. I have experimented this by encoding a 44.1 KHz song from audio CD into mp3 and feeding that stereo into Dolby PL II. Its not able to make it into surround sound below certain bit rates.To all, I have seen ads for Discovery HD saying that the audio is in 5.1. But I have never seen an ad for NatGeo HD. But every DTH operators ad says that the audio is in 5.1.

Tata Sky appears to output 5.1 only on optical not on HDMI

for picture, Tata sky STB to TV : use HDMI
for sound, Tata sky STB to 5.1 receiver : use optical cable

need to connect 5.1 audio to tata sky hd +

How to do this????

My Onkyo receiver shows that is receiving 5.1 for all the HD channels....

what is the current status, I dont feel 5.1 is coming on Star channels now, Only its available on NGC HD. Can some one update...

Both Discovery HD and NGC HD r having original Dolby Digital sound.there is no confusion on it.We can observe in ADTV.I dont about TS.