Low ID on Edk Network on Emule on SIFY

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
For anyone who uses the edk network p2p app, emule, edonkey, etc etc , he knows the benifit of an "high id" , i was shocked yesterday when i got a low id , i treid changing ports in the higher 2**** , however to no avail. I would like to know if everyone in india is havin the same issue ?

the_one

Jan 25, 2005
Just change the TCP and UDP port. It happens with me too.But after a period of time, emule stops getting a low id.

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
did that , changed both to no avail.

firoz16

Regular
Regulars
Dec 20, 2004
try number of times.imean close and open the client untill u won't get high id.and use test port option in emule client.to check ur ports.iam using emule+.its working nice with high-id.and my download speed is also good

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
firoz ive ran out of numbers now, tell me what ports u are using & i will put those, could it be that my cto has done some "jhol".

firoz16

Regular
Regulars
Dec 20, 2004
now iam using tcp--4662upd--4672ports in my emule+ client.iam uploading a screen shot of my download have a look.and iam sure low-id may because of firewall settings.so check ur firewall settings.and if ur using xp sp2.then disable the interfirewall completely.

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
thx firoz the ports u mentioned are the default ports & tehy are givin me a low id.im not running a firewall.xp firewall is disabled. and as i told u b4 , this low id this is from this 3rd feb itself wasnt there earlier in 2-3 months that ive been using sify.could it be that the router at my loval ctos end has fiddled around wid

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
confirmed wid a friend in mumbai who has sify from a diff cto/ba , he is not getting a low id on emule. so its my CTO who has the router at his own end has messed up the settings deliberately , how freakking low.may he die a sad sad death.called up sify helpdesk & told them aboiut this, they gave me a comp # & told me theyll ask their representatives in mumbai to get it "fixed".god knows whether thats true.

frustrated

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
oh almost forgot to add, i had a colourfull 15 mins discusstion with the sify rep on phone , chnnai helpdesk. he was adamnt that i had to remove the temp files & cookies if i was to get an high id on emule .. i almost coubld breathe for the first few seconds when he said that :eek:.and anyway since ive located the problem deliberate or not at my cto`s end , sify is gonna do balls about it. my local operator is gonna do balls about it.

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
Looks like the Temporary files and cookies removal step is taught to the Cust Care Reps as a standard way to deal with any problem. Even I was told to do so first when ultimately my problem turned out to be buggy DNS servers.