Bsnl Password Change & Access

• Thread starter Thread starter jgnt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 26,984

jgnt

Hello,I have two doubts.First is that I am not able to change the password at all. I tried changing password from bsnl site and not able to. i tried this many times but still not able to, that page wont proceed at all. can anybody suggest how to go about it.My second doubt is that whether someone else can login into my account elsewhere and use the net using my account or it can be accessed through only that phone number which has been alloted to that account, please explain.

1. which browser you are using ? Internet Explorer/opera is
required with Java enabled .
2. someone else can login with your user name & password .

Dataone unlimited plan connections are being converted to
telephone number specific at many Locations .

After changing password from the bsnl portal, now i am not able to access the net. when contacted bsnl, they said i have to change password for the modem also, can someone tell me how to change password for the modem also.

Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser .
give admin as both user name & password .
see at Home --> WAN settings .
under PPP you have to change the password .
After changing password , you have to save it .
goto Tools --> System Settings --> save & restart device .
close it after the restart .

report back with your modem number if you have any problem .

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 3 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]57443[/snapback]
Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser .
give admin as both user name & password .
see at Home --> WAN settings .
under PPP you have to change the password .
After changing password , you have to save it .
goto Tools --> System Settings --> save & restart device .
close it after the restart .

report back with your modem number if you have any problem .
[/b]

For the above methos to work, assuming you are using your network card for ethernet connection with the modem, you must have configured your network card to be on the same subnet as your modem. So if your modem's LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1, then:
1- Either you should have configured your network card on your computer to obtain an IP address automatically, or
2- you should have configured your network card with a fixed IP address, e.g. 192.168.1.10.

If you are not sure how to do this, please ask here how to.

On the other hand, if you are using a USB cable to connect your modem to your computer, then somebody who has experience in this type of connection can help you here. IMHO, if you have a choice, ethernet connection is always a better choice.

Good luck.

members/k_vishal86/ What is the big hurry ?Did you get a 14digit ID for accessing the usage page if you are a new user with Ip 117.xx.xx.xx?This is different to your user ID and password.

i entered 192.168.1.1 to open the modem page ..it asked for password. i entered admin as user name and password..but its not accepting ..speed is very slow 0 kb up n down :wall:..what to do?

modem is type2 ADSL iti A211-I.....U R RIGHT GENERALLY ITS admin ..last night i successfully opened the page but now its not...and we four person are using the same internet conection