Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus (ZTE 2726)+ TP-Link 3G/3.75G Wireless N Router (Model MR3420)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I recently decided to make my Reliance Broadband Plus connection accessible over wifi and bought a TP-Link router (among the many publicized over ebay.in)
I am however not able to successfully configure the router and/or modem to get it working. Here is what my router configuration page looks like TechSmith | Screencast.com, online video sharing, 2010-11-29_1051 . The router firmware has been upgraded to the latest. I have a postpaid connection from Reliance.

I have searched the forums and googled at length but haven't come across the solution to this one. Has anyone configured this modem / router combination?

Any help would be much appreciated.
-Ashish.

On the above shown page in question, make the following changes:"Tick" Set the Dial Number and APN manuallyDial Number: *99***1#APN: Leave Blank (Do not type anything)Username: Type in your Username (If you are not aware of your Username, go to "Reliance Netconnect" Shortcut and click on settings. You will find your username there.Password: Same as usernameSelect Connect AutomaticallyMax Idle Time: 15 MTU Size (in bytes): 1480Untick Use the following DNS ServersNow click on "Connect" button which is under Username & PasswordAfter few seconds "Connected" will be displayed right next to "Connect" ButtonNow your internet will be available on wireless. Share it on as many devices you want

Ashish, Did the solution work? I faced the same issue with my Rel BB+. I know that CDMA Broadband users dial #777 - Generally dont have an APN - here your user id and password is the mobile number with the zero supressed. while GSM broadband users dial *99*# - Common APN based on circle is "rcomnet". - user id and password is blank. Regards, BKM (Bugs)

@Ashish Agarwal;
I recently decided to make my Reliance Broadband Plus connection accessible over wifi and bought a TP-Link router ...................

(1) Please try to connect to Internet ONLY with the 3G modem.

(2) If connected, In Computer Start
RUN
type cmd
Ok
New window
type ipconfig /all

Note the details. for use in TP link.

T34Model MR3420 TP-LINK 3G/3,75G Wireless N router

(3) Insert the 3g unit in TP link..
follow the user manual if provided or download here.
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/soft/20106282581412.pdf about 100 pages.
(4) mention OS used.
If Windows 7 check/use "connectify " application,
to use laptop as AP within range.
Feedback.

Edit: Ordered this TP-Link modem few hours back, Let it arrive from ebay seller I'll post back the results.

Hi,
can anyone confirm if they are able to use RIM Netconnect BB+ in a router for wireless access to multiple devices.

I need to expand my Netconnect+ to 3 Laptops and one Android Phone, I need this on urgent basis as BSNL is horrible now in my town.
Its always down from Saturday till monday, speed sucks and I am fed up of this weekend pain.

please post link to compatible routers if possible.

Many Thanks.

Got my TP_link 3G Router today, It was nicely packed and the polythene cover seems was provided by Ebay itself.The router has one of the most user friendly interface and it took me not more than a minute to have my Reliance Netconnect+ setup and runningNow I've 3 laptops, One Android connected to High Speed Internet.Just turn the Router ON and Its Online in no time.Haven't checked the WIFI Signal coverage in meters but will do so in a day or two and update this thread with pics and details.

Got my TP_link 3G Router today, It was nicely packed and the polythene cover seems was provided by Ebay itself.

The router has one of the most user friendly interface and it took me not more than a minute to have my Reliance Netconnect+ setup and running

Now I've 3 laptops, One Android connected to High Speed Internet.
Just turn the Router ON and Its Online in no time.

Haven't checked the WIFI Signal coverage in meters but will do so in a day or two and update this thread with pics and details.

I am using Relaince Netconnect Broadband+ (CDMA) and i too had TP-Link 3G Router (Model No. TL-MR3220) but i cant connect reliance through this. What should i do please help me.

@Asheef : Did you get a solution to your problem ? If you able to connect your Reliance NetConnect to TP-MR3220, then please share the solution..Thanks..

Ashish, Kalpesh... or anyone with CDMA Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ data card/modem able to connect??
Well I got TP-Link MR-3020, logically 3020, 3220, etc. are all same...
I guess people with GSM modem are able to connect easily but ones with CDMA are unable to connect...
Pls post a solution if anyone is able to connect!

say2paul said:
Ashish, Kalpesh... or anyone with CDMA Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ data card/modem able to connect??
Well I got TP-Link MR-3020, logically 3020, 3220, etc. are all same...
I guess people with GSM modem are able to connect easily but ones with CDMA are unable to connect...
Pls post a solution if anyone is able to connect!
can you please specify what error you get.
I usually have weeks of no issues usage on RIM BB+ (its a cdma) but sometimes it seems RIM does blocks something at their end and modem doesn't works for more than a minute.
logs show LCP down, and don't have details what causes it, reliance doesn't replies to such in-depth emails,
But to my surprise TP_link did excellent turn around and someone even called me to help, he then sent a beta firmware but by then modem started working again.
So this happening many times in my case I am sure its a reliance server end thing when it starts givings problems.
however on the same time, another model works fine, so I am sure ZTE AC2726 has some bugs but not always.
It gave me problem in mid feb. after using it for 20 days without break, I moved to GSM based modem for few days, came back to AC 2726 and its now running smooth
again since a week now.
please post the modem model number, usually mentioned inside the modem when you pull off the hard cover or from the box if you still have it.
Does it connects and then throws you out.
once you post details I would attempt to try something on my modem, else I can team-viewer to help you, if possible.
try these steps in the meantime, from network-->>3G under modem admin page..
1). Select India in country drop down
2). Select Reliance Netconnect plus (the one which shows APN as "" which means blank)
3). Quickly goto bottom of page and click save.(this should be done before page auto-refreshes)
4). now check the box specify your own details enter phone number in both user + pass fields
5). Save and let it show you the modem number, then signal strength and it should work shortly after that.

ghpk said:
can you please specify what error you get.
I usually have weeks of no issues usage on RIM BB+ (its a cdma) but sometimes it seems RIM does blocks something at their end and modem doesn't works for more than a minute.
logs show LCP down, and don't have details what causes it, reliance doesn't replies to such in-depth emails,
But to my surprise TP_link did excellent turn around and someone even called me to help, he then sent a beta firmware but by then modem started working again.
So this happening many times in my case I am sure its a reliance server end thing when it starts givings problems.
however on the same time, another model works fine, so I am sure ZTE AC2726 has some bugs but not always.
It gave me problem in mid feb. after using it for 20 days without break, I moved to GSM based modem for few days, came back to AC 2726 and its now running smooth
again since a week now.
please post the modem model number, usually mentioned inside the modem when you pull off the hard cover or from the box if you still have it.
Does it connects and then throws you out.
once you post details I would attempt to try something on my modem, else I can team-viewer to help you, if possible.
try these steps in the meantime, from network-->>3G under modem admin page..
1). Select India in country drop down
2). Select Reliance Netconnect plus (the one which shows APN as "" which means blank)
3). Quickly goto bottom of page and click save.(this should be done before page auto-refreshes)
4). now check the box specify your own details enter phone number in both user + pass fields
5). Save and let it show you the modem number, then signal strength and it should work shortly after that.
Hey thanks buddy for the instant response... Fortunately I got the same model that you own i.e. [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] ZTE AC2726.. Unf[/color]ortunately it did not work...
I tried the same steps earlier but no luck so far.
It never shows an error..
When I connect the Datacard/modem, the main page (Status) says "Identifying", after some time it says "Identified" and it tries to connect. It attempt to connect for few seconds where I can see "Connecting.." and after that the page simply says "Disconnected".
I tried connecting is manually as well but it never gets connected, neither it shows my modem model details.
We can do the Teamviewer thing and one more thing we can do is that you can take a backup of your router and share the backup file with me. I will put that backup in mine and lets see if that works this way!
BTW I got TP-Link MR3020 model with firmware version 3.14.2 Build 120817 Rel.55520n

say2paul said:
Hey thanks buddy for the instant response... Fortunately I got the same model that you own i.e. [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] ZTE AC2726.. Unf[/color]ortunately it did not work...
I tried the same steps earlier but no luck so far.
It never shows an error..
When I connect the Datacard/modem, the main page (Status) says "Identifying", after some time it says "Identified" and it tries to connect. It attempt to connect for few seconds where I can see "Connecting.." and after that the page simply says "Disconnected".
I tried connecting is manually as well but it never gets connected, neither it shows my modem model details.
We can do the Teamviewer thing and one more thing we can do is that you can take a backup of your router and share the backup file with me. I will put that backup in mine and lets see if that works this way!
BTW I got TP-Link MR3020 model with firmware version 3.14.2 Build 120817 Rel.55520n
I think the latest firmware you have is the culprit
I can share my firmware but it would BRICK your router as mine is 3420 v1
this is firmware I am using
Firmware Version: 3.12.8 Build 110418 Rel.43954n
Hardware Version: MR3420 v1 00000000

Try installing the (TL-MR3020_V1_120320) one which is listed here
Also if this firmware doesn;t lists reliance you can select "MTS mblaze" the one which has "" (Blank APN) will work fine.
you can select different country also where the APN is blank and dial number shown is #777 would work fine.
next thing you can attempt is to check Modem Admin page-->System Tools--->System Log and click save log (its on end of page)

post it here as attachment or upload somewhere and PM me the link.

Try the above and if it still doesn't solves the problem, you can try contacting tp-link, they seem to be sweet people as they attended my case very efficiently, politely and
even called with a solution.

ghpk said:
I think the latest firmware you have is the culprit
I can share my firmware but it would BRICK your router as mine is 3420 v1
this is firmware I am using
Firmware Version: 3.12.8 Build 110418 Rel.43954n
Hardware Version: MR3420 v1 00000000

Try installing the (TL-MR3020_V1_120320) one which is listed here
Also if this firmware doesn;t lists reliance you can select "MTS mblaze" the one which has "" (Blank APN) will work fine.
you can select different country also where the APN is blank and dial number shown is #777 would work fine.
next thing you can attempt is to check Modem Admin page-->System Tools--->System Log and click save log (its on end of page)

post it here as attachment or upload somewhere and PM me the link.

Try the above and if it still doesn't solves the problem, you can try contacting TP-Link, they seem to be sweet people as they attended my case very efficiently, politely and
even called with a solution.
Seems cool, will try tonight and let you know buddy!

Seems you still need to try this 🙂
will wait for your reply, however make sure you upgrade the firmware when you are connected to router using the LAN Cable,upgrading thru wireless certainly gives other sorts of pains and modems like ZTE AC2726 would never work when upgraded wirelessly.

Hi,
I am using reliance netconnect+ USB datacard 3.1 MBPS.
I just bought a D-Link DIR505 router so that I can convert to a WiFi connection to connect my Ipad.
I inserted the reliance USB into the USB slot in router & was trying to configure the router but in vain.
Can any one help me how to configure?
Thanks
Hareharan

Status
Not open for further replies.