List of Modem not working in BSNL West Zone

• Thread starter Thread starter kunalgautam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 52,639
hi just got my umg 1831...using t mobile webconnect...have a small prob...my place doesnt have a good 3g signal and so my modem automatically swithes to edge very often...Is there a way to force the modem to use only UMTS connection...kindly reply... thank you

If signal strength is low better to go for a 3G antenna to improve the signal strength.

There are a couple being sold on ebay :-

eBay India: 3G antenna (item 190474457940 end time 30-Dec-2010 12:46:41 IST)

Nice to know so. but how? did you any special settings?
I had written to Trai and CMD of BSNl but had no respond.
any way! if all Huawei's models works with bsnl will be great.
good luck
This T-Mobile software I think pass some special init command, which makes possible to get connected. And getting reply from BSNL Babu's and Govt. Official(S) is "Mushkil Hi nahi namoomkin hain" 😛

Good Job dear,I read your post. good job.i too receive my Huawei UMG181 and while making profile there default value was *99***1# and not * 99 # as usually we see. with both values i got connected. I too think change the values and see the changes.

This is interesting, can others tell, if the change in values makes any difference to connectivity and speed.

Need some e1750 tester in west zone to test this https://broadband.forum/bsnl-3g/64382-use-huawei-e1750-bsnl-west/ . This worked for me. But I need some more confirmation 🙂

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Also try dialup number as *99***2# in mobile partner. it works

kunalgautam,

Thanks a ton for providing this info.

I just came to Ahmedabad today and tested my E1752 with T-Mobile Software and *99***1# and boom...it works perfectly fine 🙂

To use mobile partner to connect, I had to however use *99***2#

Very useful information....we should make this solution sticky if not already