Am I Right ?

• Thread starter Thread starter kuldeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,794

kuldeep

Regular
i mean ppl talking about sharing here alot. and till the time i've observed that those who are using sify dialer facing this port blocking problem. because (correct me if i m wrong) on switches u can't block ports. and the bulky dialer blocks ports on PC resulting u can't browse network and can't even run any file sharing software. i've already posted one topic where we came to a conclusion that bulky dialer disables file and printer sharing and then u can't share any drive over LAN and even if u do that others wil not be able to browse it because they need to open same port on their PC. if anyone have disconnect please let me know . coz i m also a learner but whatever i posted here is tested by me and my friend which included installing windows several times just to make sure what was doing that. now i use easy sify and going great. also running DC++ HUB without any problem. and i read in post somewhere that diff IP ranges can also share things with each other. they just need to change their subnet mask. But that didn't work.I would request all of u to post all comments here so that we can take the most out of LAN

:huh: :huh:

i had found some1 in my ip range yesterday on limewire but he went offline after a few mins. how do i find more people on lan??

yes u can. i was downloading at 300-500 kbps. and im pretty sure its lan coz when i checked my session details, it didnt show any usage as part of my 150mb limit

limewire is complicated man. DC++ is dedicated for LAN users. we use that only. and no problem. and now all ip ranges people can connect to the hub and share files thats awesome.

i duno how to use it man, can never seem to connect. wud appreciate it if u could help me out. can either post here or msg me on yahoo messenger, my id is jabronni16.

Guys its not the sify dialer that does blocks LAN in our area wen our LAN got blocked we all marched to our CTOs office n he told us dat it is a 'Hardware Firewall ' implemented by sify to block LAN.

QUOTE(jabronni16 @ Sep 5 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]61195[/snapback]
i duno how to use it man, can never seem to connect. wud appreciate it if u could help me out. can either post here or msg me on yahoo messenger, my id is jabronni16.
[/b]

is it you are saying that u can't connect to my hub or u don't know how to use DC++

QUOTE(kuldeep @ Sep 6 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]61352[/snapback]
is it you are saying that u can't connect to my hub or u don't know how to use DC++
[/b]

can I connect to yur hub if we don't same cto but from nearby locality. means is it possible to share files using dc++ if we have different cto.