• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 12,131
Status
Not open for further replies.

raj1402

Regular
ISP
Airtel 16mbps @ 3699INR
recently saw an aircel connection while downloading from torrent which gave contact upload speed of 256KBps/2mbpsdoes aircel broadband or aircel wirless broadband provides thos kinda connection if tes kindly let me the locationRegardsRaj1402

no one to ans this 🙁

dude maximum transfer speed for EDGE connection is 384kbps..so how can it support 256KBps/2mbps ?

dude maximum transfer speed for EDGE connection is 384kbps..so how can it support 256KBps/2mbps ?

Actually that would be the maximum transfer speed of the original revision of UMTS (R99), also known as 3G, which was released by NTT DoCoMo in 2001 (I was in Tokyo at the time).

Thankfully what's being rolled out now in India is several revisions after the original so most networks are deploying HSDPA, also known as 3.5G which offers 7.2mbit/s - Tata DoCoMo is supposedly deploying 21mbit/s equipment, but handsets aren't capable of that yet and AFAIK they haven't got any of the 21mbit/s USB dongles (yet).

That aside, EDGE has a maximum speed of 236.8kbit/s. Therefore the only conclusion that can be had is that maybe the connection he saw wasn't Aircel, since they are not even planning to release 3G until next year. Unless it was some Aircel person testing that connection, as they did win spectrum in Tamil Nadu.

Maybe it was Tata Photon+ or Reliance Netconnect+ or MTS MBlaze - all of which are *capable* of up to 3.1mbit/s - or perhaps even BSNL 3G which is capable of up to 3.6mbit/s in most circles (though I understand they're deploying 7.2mbit/s nodes in Bangalore).

Maybe he is just asking, if Aircel is providing Broadband connections or not.

Maybe he is just asking, if Aircel is providing Broadband connections or not.

Maybe... and in that case, the answer would be "not yet".

i said wireless broadband wimax or wifi and not gprs or EDGE
anyway thats a broadband connection of aircel for sure

then that must be a corporate connection i guess

i was keen on that coz i saw it got upload speed of 256KBps(2mbps) which i was looking out for as i upload a lot!!!

i was keen on that coz i saw it got upload speed of 256KBps(2mbps) which i was looking out for as i upload a lot!!!

I've only seen one ISP recently with more than 1mbps upload speed that's youbroadband.in IIRC

Ahhh now I know what you're talking about. I also misread your thing thinking you were talking about mobile. There was something about Aircel (at least... I think it was Aircel, anyway) starting WiMax in Chennai quite a while back, but I've been unable to locate any good information about that service other than a bunch of very old announcements.

Otherwise they have Aircel Business Solutions | Products & Services

I've only seen one ISP recently with more than 1mbps upload speed that's youbroadband.in IIRC

Sadly, and somewhat ironically, I think the best way currently to get over 1mbit/s upload speed is on a 3G plan... ADSL in India is for the most part hopeless (and mostly offers maximum 256kbit/s upload), VDSL is too expensive and the coverage area is limited, and the average cablewala barely offers 1mbit/s download.

It was Dishnet Wimax recently in the year 2006 it was aquired by Aircel, Now i dont know... i was using Dishnet Wimax (so called Aircel) connection in the year 2005 - 2007 later found not value for money so changed to different channels...

It was Dishnet Wimax recently in the year 2006 it was aquired by Aircel, Now i dont know... i was using Dishnet Wimax (so called Aircel) connection in the year 2005 - 2007 later found not value for money so changed to different channels...

yeah it s disnet wimax so does it exist now!!!

actually Dishnet Wimax company was taken over by Aircel in the year 2006(+ or - 1 year), now for sure Dishnet wimax is not available to my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.