• Thread starter Thread starter yessgee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 18,328

yessgee

Regulars
ISP
BSNL Home 750 UL
DD-HD, Discovery HD world India & NGC India HD are FTA HD Channels on ST-1, the same satellite that carries Videocon D2H. All channels on ST-1 Ku Band are MPEG-4. I have a AverMedia Galaxy USB STB attached to my HTPC, which is capable of MPEG-4 & HD reception. (I have been watching DD-HD & other channels from Insat 4B, using the set-up for a while now). I also have a SD94 Beetel MPEG-2 STB. I have been trying to catch the ST-1 Ku (K2) signals by shifting my Beetel MPEG-2 STB and a TV set to my terrace. I understand that I cannot receive MPEG-4 signal on my MPEG-2 box, but the MPEG-4 audio is received and the channels get listed as radio channels in my Beetel STB during reception from other satellites. My idea is to connect my dish to my AverMedia STB once it is set to ST-1, thereby enabling me to watch FTA HD channels.However, inspite of a great struggle, I could not lock on to ST-1. I am able to lock on to Insat 4A @ 83.5E & Measat 3 @ 91.5E and receive MPEG- 2 & 4 signals from them. I know that ST-1 lies between these two satellites, but despite my best efforts could not lock on to it.I would like to know if anyone has tried this and have any tips for tracking. Thanks!

DVB S2 signal can not be caught on DVB S receiver . other channel that you are receiving is of DVB S type even thought it is mpeg 2 or mpeg 4

Could you please share details of the HD STB you bought? I am thinking in same lines, and would like to setup one for free HD channels.

@TopicVideocon D2H is testing DD HD, Discovery HD and NGC HD for their HD launch which is delayed. U cannot watch MPEG-4 in MPEG-2 Box only Audio will come.However as the channels are currently FTA u can watch it using DVB-PCI card, NOTE : After they launched the HD service the channels will be scrambled/encrypted.

DVB S2 signal can not be caught on DVB S receiver . other channel that you are receiving is of DVB S type even thought it is mpeg 2 or mpeg 4

Thanks for the information. I was struggling to receive the DVB-S2 signal!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Could you please share details of the HD STB you bought? I am thinking in same lines, and would like to setup one for free HD channels.

My STB is AverMedia Galaxy USB DVB-S external box. I am able to receive DD HD in excellent HD quality from INSAT 3A/4B. The box is available on ebay and zapak.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

@Topic

Videocon D2H is testing DD HD, Discovery HD and NGC HD for their HD launch which is delayed. U cannot watch MPEG-4 in MPEG-2 Box only Audio will come.

However as the channels are currently FTA u can watch it using DVB-PCI card, NOTE : After they launched the HD service the channels will be scrambled/encrypted.

DD HD, NGC HD & Discovery HD are not shown as a part of Videocon D2H package. See: ST 1 at 88.0°E - LyngSat
As @ak001 has informed, you cannot even receive DVB-S2 MPEG-4 audio on DVB-S receiver. FYI.

Thanks for the information. I was struggling to receive the DVB-S2 signal!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

My STB is AverMedia Galaxy USB DVB-S external box. I am able to receive DD HD in excellent HD quality from INSAT 3A/4B. The box is available on ebay and zapak.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

DD HD, NGC HD & Discovery HD are not shown as a part of Videocon D2H package. See: ST 1 at 88.0°E - LyngSat
As @ak001 has informed, you cannot even receive DVB-S2 MPEG-4 audio on DVB-S receiver. FYI.

I never said u can receive DVB-S2 MPEG-4 audio on DVB-S receiver, I said PCI Tuner card , Sorry I forgot to mention the card shud be MPEG-2/4

And FYI, DD HD, NGC HD & Discovery HD are a part of Videocon D2H See dis:

Videocon d2h on ST 1 at 88.0°E - LyngSat

Openbox S10 HD MPEG4 DVB S2 Receiver Now in India on ebay.in

Dear Members

I have just found Openbox S10 on ebay.in at very reasonable price. You can use ebay discoount coupons also if you have to buy this product.

Please visit this ebay shop, you will find openbox S10 HD here: -

ipg 25 | eBay

Regards
pragyavan

Openbox S10 HD MPEG4 DVB S2 Receiver Now in India on ebay.in

Dear Members

I have just found Openbox S10 on ebay.in at very reasonable price. You can use ebay discoount coupons also if you have to buy this product.

Please visit this ebay shop, you will find openbox S10 HD here: -

ipg 25 | eBay

Regards
pragyavan

OPENBOX S10, DREAMBOX DM800s MPEG4 DVB S2 HD, PCI DVB S2 TV TUNER CARD Available on ebay.in with 1 Year replacement Warranty. 100% Genuine boxes Guaranteed No Clones. Click these links

For Satellite TV Tuner

eBay

For Dreambox DM800s

eBay

For Openbox S10

eBay

Enjoy..........

THese links should work

Here are the new links for these products

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270765613050&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270765602207&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270757396670&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Hopefuly they will work.......................

i had DVB S2 MPEG4 reciever with HD +USB recording with exact recieving quality the brand name is SOLID if some body wants pls call me for HD DVB S2 MPEG 4 it will cost 2750+courier charges and for DVB S2 MPEG 4 +usb recording 2200+courier charges mob no:09895883279

i had DVB S2 MPEG4 reciever with HD +USB recording with exact recieving quality the brand name is SOLID if some body wants pls call me for HD DVB S2 MPEG 4 it will cost 2750+courier charges and for DVB S2 MPEG 4 +usb recording 2200+courier charges mob no:09895883279
what will I be able to watch with this HD STB? What all I need in addition to the STB?