Airtel 3G Tariffs and Packages

• Thread starter Thread starter arka_chi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 670
  • Views Views 171,908
Another docomo round the corner.

Expect 1 Gb for somewhere around Rs.300/ month.if you seek more cheaper rates, better stay with BSNL and stop pulling legs of private players who have spent hundred of crores, yes its huge figure which they need to recover from we users and nobody else.

They have paid a huge fees, but they can't recover that huge fees if they keep charging so high, if they charge less they can get more users and they can recover funds faster, moreover MNP is about to implemented so if they don't give competitive pricing they will probably start loosing clientsSo I guess they will definitely offer better pricing sooner or laterCheers

Please, private operators aren't some noble benevolent misunderstood samaritans. The obscene amount of money that Airtel would have spent on this latest ridiculous re-branding and advertising; had they spent that money on improving their products, or alternatively passing those costs onto consumers, we wold have a much better world, possibly one without FUPs.

when BSNL launched 3G, it was Rs 2999 for unlimited! now it is Rs 1499 ! But looks like TTSL to save its EVDO business, and RComm also like to go through the same path of evolution, forgeting market has already been evolved with BSNL and MTNL.

prices are going to come down. eventually. but if you want to use 3g right now, bsnl has the best package. and it is not clear why bsnl is on a suicide route. they are already making huge losses every quarter. these packages are not going to help their bottomline.

though we are shouting BSNL 3G UL@700, it is actually when you pay for 6 months in advance! so BSNL is selling semi-bulk data to normal users, and also grabs a huge percent of people who were on other wireless operators or new users of wireless internet!

700 rupees per month is not really wholesale pricing of bandwidth even by indian standards. what they are offering is an incredible value for money deal. probably the cheapest form of broadband in the indian market.

this strategy of their is going to pay them back becoz the only way to recover the money of spectrum back & that too fast is to have large customer base. This is what they are doing. Now becoz of this plan if they add 3 lakh customer a month in whole INDIA they will be recovering 3lakh * 700 minimum on the other hand i am very sure that TATA Docomo is not even having 10000 users on their 2000rs. plan. So which one is going to recover money fast. Also this 700 rs offer is for 3 month. the original rate is 1359rs. But anyday that plan is still even better becoz that is true unlimited without FUP.

the fact remains. not a lot of people would migrate to BSNL just because how they operate. their connections are not easily available. recharges are not easily available. customer support is usually clueless about their own offerings.

i believe, the only way to get their SIM is to go to the nearest exchange. ask around. find the relevant guy. feel lucky if you get the appropriate form. fill it up. and submit it. hopefully everything turns out correctly. and you are given the sim.

of course, experiences may vary.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

if BSNL can operate like private operators opening retail stores in major locations in a city, making it easy to get their SIM cards and renewals. a lot of people WOULD migrate.

I kinda agree, i was not using BSNL till now, was using vodafone, and still using it for calls, but i wanted 3G and had no option so i bought a sim at bsnl and got 3G activated on it, if MNP was available here i would have probably changed operator by now and would have switched to bsnl as right now i carry two sim all the time/two handsets SGT for 3G and N1 for calls (vodafone), now once MNP is available i'll probably just move my vodafone number to bsnl and get 3G activated on it and just carry 1 handset instead of two as i know even if vodafone starts 3G they won't beat bsnl in their pricing and it will take time to vodafone to cover all the cities and all the areas in my own city with 3G towers/receptionAs far as experience with bsnl csc is concerned it's not that bad these days, it was bad before few years, but now it's bearable Cheers

I will give 1OO Rs in charity if Airtel gives me 100GB free 3G data as introductory package.