• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,203
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddycool

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Yesterday evening, I was visited by two gentlemen. At the door they mentioned they had a special offer for Tata Photon plus so I asked them in and made them comfortable. I first told them that i did not need mobility and therefore had no intention of paying a premium for the same. Then they asked to see my PAN card telling me that if my PAN number began with "A" then there was a special offer for me. I assured them that my PAN number began with "A" but they insisted on seeing it. "Ahh! this is wonderful," they said, "This Tata PP is sold for about 4990/- but for you we can give it for Rs 2400/-." Not just that but for a whole year I would get a rebate of Rs 200/- per month on the monthly charge of Rs 950/- thus effectively recovering the whole initial amount. The plan was to give me 3.1 mbps unlimited connection. After the first year, the plan charge would be Rs. 850/- per month.
This was getting interesting. They were sort of holding out their hand in anticipation of me writing them a cheque. Sadly for them I was not the typical bakra.
I gave them 3 conditions:
1. Show me your credentials to prove that you have authority.
2. Show me some document from Tata describing the plan.
3. I need a demo at my house before I put down any money on this.
They showed me some ID card of their company (not Tata Indicom) which also had the Tata Indicom logo on it. The first doc they showed me had nothing like the plan they described and they said it was an old one. They finally fished out another doc. Guess what. This one had the plan. Exactly as they said. Except that they had not mentioned one small but significant fact. It is an unlimited connection with up to 3.1 mbps speed up to 5 GB. Then it is 155 kbps.
I firmly ushered them out and showed them the door.
BTW, they said there is a shortage of those devices so they do not have the policy of giving demo at site before purchase. They said I could pay and their engineer will come and install and if I am not satisfied, I would get the whole amount refunded immediately. I said I don't buy that.
Be warned all of you. They sound very convincing. Don't fall for this without reading all the fine print.

would be great if you can forward this link to tata photon team on their twitter/facebook accounts. 🙂

I understand the situation, they were salesman of APPCO (probably), a DSA Company and is into hardcore selling.now nothing is special in photon plus sold by them, u can get same thing from normal shop, but this is their marketing gimmik to ask pan card number and sometime cheque number.then they ask about a character which is very common in pan card and cheque, and make u virtually VIP. but they can also tell u something which is not available and thus make u fool.so purchase these things from regular shoips.I know about this thing because, in Past I met a guy who was working in A DSA, and he told me this tactic.

^ Yes that might be the name of the company. It was something beginning with A.I did not mention it earlier but this guy went all ga ga when he saw my PAN card. He was very impressed that my PAN card must be at least 10 years old and told me such PAN cards are very valuable. I didn't bother to find out what is the perceived value of an old PAN card. I don't see what their fuss is. If I am old, my PAN card ought to be old too. 🙂

valuable pan card!!!! hahahathey make it like any coin or currency note.My pan number also started with A but it is only 3 year old.

Thanks for the info, it is a valuable warning...

valuable pan card!!!! hahaha
they make it like any coin or currency note.
My pan number also started with A but it is only 3 year old.

We have 4 PAN cards at home (Two old and two new) and they all begin with A. Now that is not what he was commenting about. He was referring to the fact that my card is the old type; the laminated one with a black and white photograph and not the new solid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.