Tata Docomo 3G Tariffs

• Thread starter Thread starter dhanush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 29,651
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ well, you can be right. BSNL never increased their tariffs of EVDO services even though pvt cos offered them at double prices(and still not UL). But, BSNL did increase the pay per second prices to match Airtel and others. So you never know. The best decision in the current scenario is to recharge with 4200/6 months recharge before the end of promotional period and relax for another 6 months. By that time 3G would no longer be a niche product and may take the status of 'current GPRS' - prices would spiral down! 😀

Kudos to tata docomo for actually sticking to their word and launching 3g as promised on diwali...atleast some ppl still beleive that a diwali dhamaka launch is good...from what i've been reading on their twitter n fb, speeds are varying but this is bound to happen as they are barely 4-5 days into the launch...surely they will improve
So BSNL gonna up their prices too issit?

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

3G Tariff case might be that Airtel n vodafone might actually price their 3g services much lower than tata docomo....but i guess docomo will revise rates shortly after airtel n voda launch 3g services esp. as MNP is looming

lot of speculation, no comments till than , use docomo and after a month , we are able to make comments

Tata DOCOMO 3g plan realeased...?plans..Dvideo call 5p/sec Data plan :Rent free calls(voice) free Data validity500 750 250 MB 30750 1250 500 MB 301000 2000 1 GB 302000 5000 2 GB 30 add onsMRP (Rs.) Data Validity (Days)200 200 MB 30500 650 MB 30additional data usage 1ps.1KB = 10MB99 rs Monthly subscription charge for all channel or 10rs per channelData Access Charges @1p/1KB(beyond free data usage) apply (nearly 20rs per min)When comparing to BSNL TATA DOCOMO plans are too worst.. bsnl offers 70ps/min V calls, and Data plans starts from 200rs for 500MB 400rs for 1GB..

Tata DOCOMO 3G Packages and Tariffs

collected them at a single place. 😕

Prepaid Plans

Small Screen Plans

Rs. 350 gives you 500 minutes talk-time with 150MB data for 30 days
Rs. 500 gives you 750 minutes talk-time with 250MB data for 30 days
Rs. 750 gives you 1250 minutes talk-time with 500MB data for 30 days
Rs. 1000 gives you 2000 minutes talk-time with 1GB data for 30 days
Rs. 2000 gives you 5000 minutes talk-time with 2GB data for 30 days

Data Top-ups

Rs. 90 gives you 100MB data for 10 days
Rs. 201 gives you 200MB data for 30 days
Rs. 501 gives you 650MB data for 30 days

Postpaid Plans

Small Screen Plans

Rs. 500 gives you 750 minutes talk-time with 250MB data for 30 days
Rs. 750 gives you 1250 minutes talk-time with 500MB data for 30 days
Rs. 1000 gives you 2000 minutes talk-time with 1GB data for 30 days
Rs. 2000 gives you 5000 minutes talk-time with 2GB data for 30 days

Add-on vouchers

Rs. 200 gives you 200MB data for 30 days
Rs. 500 gives you 650MB data for 30 days

Pay per KB plans

1 paisa per KB on local and roaming

Video Calling Plans costs 5p/sec

Core talk time can be used to make a video call.

Doesn't VB4 have a table tag? I remember seeing it on TE

i cannot believe that you guys are shocked with these packages.

i personally think these are pretty good.

airtel would probably have to match these if not beat these.

bsnl of course messed it all up with their recent price drops.

if they were still charging 2500 for UL 3G, tata docomo would not have looked so bad!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

airtel's pricing would set the standard. they are the market leaders with the best coverage in the country.

they have invested the most in 3g licenses. and they need to make a killing.

MNP does not make their work easier. they would lose a lot of subscribers if their plans are expensive compared to other players in the market.

this is JUST the beginning.

reliance, vodafone, idea are yet to come out with their pricing.

and if ONE of these players take the risk of launching truly competitive prices, there would be a bloodbath in the market...

in the end, bigger players would have to consume the smaller players. and we would end up with a mess.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

another thing... i do not think tata would think twice before reducing these plan charges if any of their circle rivals undercut them badly.

these are just the initial days. pricing would fluctuate a lot in the initial days.

MNP of course could result in constant changing of plans and packages.

The plans are not truly value for money. The combo plans are not good. See the T&C-Local means call to any Tata DOCOMO number within Home Circle.-National means call to any Tata DOCOMO Circle within India.It means bundled minutes can be used only for calls to Tata network. Not off-net!

argh never mind 😀

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

what exactly are the charges for calling other mobile networks? 😕

hehe. i guess it would have been better if there are plan data plans with no minutes attached to it!

^they do have standalone 3G plans at 90 for 100MB, 201 for 200MB etc

news reports talked about 15GB plan for Rs. 2000 with unlimited data transfer at 256kbps after 15GB is consumed. cannot find that plan on their site. 3G Plans

i am certainly missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.