Optimum Idea GPRS settings

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 16,755

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
hi there... sorry if this is already discussed...I have activated RC 98 unlimited internet on idea.I have received 4 settings:idea_internetidea_gprsidea_mobileidea_mmsregarding idea_mms , I think its for the mms.regarding idea_internet, I think its for Internet and also supports https:what is idea_gprs & idea_mobile? are they needed?Correct me if I am wrong...Thanks !

i found some facts by experimentingits better to use the settings which idea sends by the sms - OTAuse idea_gprs as main connection.. speed is better then idea_internetuse idea_internet only on Email & GPS as they require sslIf any one can contribute more is welcome !!

You need to send the message - SET to some number. Call 12345, the ivr will guide you. Else call cc and ask them to send the settings to you.

I got the 4 settings.the Idea_gprs setting is not working for me.So using the Idea_internet setting but speeds are less than 256kbps.Is there any way to to get the speeds up.

apn - internetNo username, pwd required. Speed will depend on the kind of network you're on ie edge or hsupa.

Does anyone know what are the settings for MMS on iPhone for an IDEA simcard?My internet is working on EDGE having entered internet for the APN in the settings.Need to know the MMS settings too. Help greatly appreciated.!!

Does anyone know what are the settings for MMS on iPhone for an IDEA simcard?
My internet is working on EDGE having entered internet for the APN in the settings.
Need to know the MMS settings too. Help greatly appreciated.!!

Dear Sir,

We request you to send sms SET to 54671 for obtain the Gprs setting. For further assistance, kindly contact to our Idea customer care helpline.

Regards,
Ideacellular