Optimum Idea GPRS settings

popcorn

[OP]
Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
hi there... sorry if this is already discussed...I have activated RC 98 unlimited internet on idea.I have received 4 settings:idea_internetidea_gprsidea_mobileidea_mmsregarding idea_mms , I think its for the mms.regarding idea_internet, I think its for Internet and also supports https:what is idea_gprs & idea_mobile? are they needed?Correct me if I am wrong...Thanks !

popcorn

[OP]
Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
i found some facts by experimentingits better to use the settings which idea sends by the sms - OTAuse idea_gprs as main connection.. speed is better then idea_internetuse idea_internet only on Email & GPS as they require sslIf any one can contribute more is welcome !!

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
You need to send the message - SET to some number. Call 12345, the ivr will guide you. Else call cc and ask them to send the settings to you.

Sep 3, 2009
Kolkata
I got the 4 settings.the Idea_gprs setting is not working for me.So using the Idea_internet setting but speeds are less than 256kbps.Is there any way to to get the speeds up.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
apn - internetNo username, pwd required. Speed will depend on the kind of network you're on ie edge or hsupa.