Ok Is It Me ..or Did The Torrent Speeds Just Crashed?

LoneCrusader

Regular
:blink: So my speed soars for like 75kbps for like 20 minutes and then compltely falls off to 0 kbps. Normal downloads are running at 30 kbps. SO is it me or the BSNL just blocked the torrent ports or somethin?

Blocking Torrents Ports was considered by BSNL ;not yet implemented . It could be just that torrentsfailed due to some reason(s) .

Dont wrry about it. MY local net is underwaymaintainance. Seems like the flood gate of speed broke through and BSNL wasent able to control it. Explains the 450 kbps speed on the torrent.

QUOTE(seshu @ Jul 26 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]56780[/snapback]
Blocking Torrents Ports was considered by BSNL ;
not yet implemented . It could be just that torrents
failed due to some reason(s) .
[/b]

Contemporary BT Clients have built-in machineries to circumvent just that, like use of random ports, protocol encryption, auto-blocking of dangerous IPs etc., and considering that BSNL is miles behind in implementing cutting edge technology, I don't see much threat in the news (or is it a rumour!!) that BSNL is comtemplating torrent blocking!! 🙂

^ well ! @puja , it was a news item in a Local Newspaper few months back !unfortunately the paper has no archives on its web edition .

Hi,can anyone in this forum send me torrent invites ? my email id is iamspl[dot]xxx[at]gmail[dot]comThanks in advance,srini...