Railwire Broadband launched in Gulbarga - Karnataka

• Thread starter Thread starter vinay24k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 12,690

vinay24k

ISP
Bsnl 256kbps - Home UL750+
GULBARGA: Railtel Corporation of India Ltd., a Government undertaking under the Ministry of Railways, launched the RailWire broadband service here on Sunday.

General Manager of the company Mohan Raj and Technical Advisory Krishnaprasad told presspersons here on Sunday that the high-speed service was first launched in Bangalore, on a pilot basis, and was gaining popularity due to its affordability and reliability.

Using the optical fibre cable network along the railway network would help take Internet connectivity to the remotest corners of the country, they said.

In Gulbarga, the company had appointed Pandit Enterprises as the service provider, they said.

Source : An Article From Hindu

Tariff plans :
1. 256 Kbps @320 rs
2. 512 Kbps @620 rs
3. 1 Mbps @920 rs
4. 2 Mbps @1650 rs

I'm tired of waiting for their service to launch in PAN Bangalore & they now go to Gulbarga. I kept calling & emailing them for quiet sometime on when they'll launch services in SW Bangalore & the same answer: Very soon kept coming and i had to finally give up 🙁

For some reason couldn't see your link so putting it here as well. Reading the article.

What would have been interesting is if somebody can find out who or what this Pandit Enterprises is all about ? Is it an analog cablewallah something or they are into telecom solutions. That will tell us the direction about with whom they would be networking/partnering for launching in other cities as well.

I tried googling but there can be so many as its a very common name. For e.g. this one

I concur with madhusudhan7 as somebody from Pune, it seems its going to be a long long wait.

Iam studying in gulbarga but i dont the city around.so anyone can direct me to Pandit Enterprises. i will get all the details of the connection. but tough luck in finding that agency listed ..

We all have read about A. Raja giving franchises of BSNL wimax to his associates and relatives. No surprise that BSNL wimax has turned out to be flop show.Going by the precedent and prevailing best practices of the Congress government in Delhi, I won't be surprised a bit if the 'Pandit Enterprises' turned out to be an associate or friend of a congress party politician.Anyway their plan are similar to what MTNL is already offering in Delhi/Mumbai. Nothing earth shattering here folks. Move on.Offer 2 mbps unlimited without FUP for under Rs 1000 and we will talk.