Beetel 450 TC1 and BSNL Broadband wifi problem.

• Thread starter Thread starter mandster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 44,233
I had the same problem, I was able to browse using LAN cable but not wifi. wifi was pre-configured with Airtel setup which was grayed out already. Was not able to change anyway. After reading this forum I found this is the problem with firmware version. Also to confirm I called beetel support and found the same, they told to downgrade the firmware to TM4-0Q-016 and advised to bring the device to service centre.But I had courage to do it my own and found the download link here (post from: avisinvincible). Thanks avisinvincible.Rest went smooth, I can setup my own wireless network now.Thanks to everybody.:Ibnul

Hello All,I have taken Beetel 450 TC1 modem for BSNL..And downgraded firmware to TM4-0Q-020 and my Wifi is working fine..But after this my Internet is not working from LAN cable or from Wifi. The light of DSL and Internet is glowing on the modem. But when I use any browser to connect to the Net it wont open.I tried pinging DNS server and it pings without any problem. And the status-> Device info also shows as connected.Virtual circuit : PVC0Status : connectedconnection type : PPPOEIP Address : 117.192.7.215Subnet mask : 255.255.255.255default gateway : 0.0.0.0DNS Server : 218.248.255.141NAT : enabledSNR margin : 31.6 / 25.3Please help ...

Check the PVCO vpi vci entries. For BSNL 0 and 35.Deactivate all other PVC's to avoid confusion or select PVC2.This modem will show PVC0 as default status device info.

Hi Sreekanth,As your modem showing the received public IPs, it seems that you are connected successfully.Try pingging 8.8.8.8 (google dns) from your system. If no then need to check VPI-VCI settings.If yes, then might be issue with DNS settings at your system.You should use your Modem IP as DNS server and Gateway both.Thanks/ Ibnul

essbebe / uberjon / ibnul ,Thank you..I could able to solve the problem.I am using PVC0 with vpi vci as 0 and 35 and disabled all other PVC's.Settings were perfect still it was not able to connect to Internet. I reset the modem and tried doing the same settings again and it worked. I am totally confused what was wrong earlier ( I guess nothing earlier) . And one more problem i can see..if i use PVC2 with 0 and 35 it wont work..I have to use PVC0 with 0 and 35 then only it working..Its very strange..but i am happy somehow its workingNow my internet works from LAN as well as with WifI.Thank you again...

Hi All..-------------@moderator: Sorry: By mistake , I think i edited the post. ( clicked the wrong button !) Apologies.my post deleted. Kindly post fresh post.

My earlier post is deleted hence re-writing my problem again.My internet connection with WiFi and LAN cable works fine..But I have a new problem now..When I try to connect to my office network (VPN) through a PKI token(authentic key) its not connecting..and I am able to do without a problem from Airtel 3G and Tata Photon.Before I changed the modem to Beetel 450 TC1 I never faced any issue from BSNL.After the modem change looks like there is some issue. I tried connecting to my office network from my friends place through BSNL and it connected. only from my house through Beetel 450 TC1 I am having this issue.When contacted my office people they are saying its problem with internet service provider..when I called BSNL they do not have any knowledge on thisIf you know if there is any issue with modem settings please let me know..

My earlier post is deleted hence re-writing my problem again.

My internet connection with WiFi and LAN cable works fine..But I have a new problem now..

When I try to connect to my office network (VPN) through a PKI token(authentic key) its not connecting..and I am able to do without a problem from Airtel 3G and Tata Photon.

Before I changed the modem to Beetel 450 TC1 I never faced any issue from BSNL.

After the modem change looks like there is some issue. I tried connecting to my office network from my friends place through BSNL and it connected. only from my house through Beetel 450 TC1 I am having this issue.

When contacted my office people they are saying its problem with internet service provider..when I called BSNL they do not have any knowledge on this

If you know if there is any issue with modem settings please let me know..

I have solved the problem..it was problem with MTU..As explained by essbebe in some other thread..I followed the instructions and could able to crack the problem..Hats off to essbebe

let me put the solution again for others
-----------------------------------------------------
Try to login through VPN token from BSNL connection
A. If it won’t connect
a. Go to command prompt from (Start -> Run and type cmd)
b. Type ping bbc.co.uk -f -l 1500 from the command prompt
c. If results are as below then..
C:\Documents and Settings\sakumall>ping bbc.co.uk -f -l 1500

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.241.131] with 1500 bytes of data:

Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.

Ping statistics for 212.58.241.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
d. Reduce the size from 1500 by 10 (eg. 1490,1480, 1460 etc..)
e. Till it won’t give error of “Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.” Or “Request timed out.”
f. Once it starts pinging properly like below
C:\Documents and Settings\sakumall>ping bbc.co.uk -f -l 1370

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.241.131] with 1370 bytes of data:

Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=1370 time=4034ms TTL=239
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=1370 time=3298ms TTL=239
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=1370 time=2452ms TTL=239
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=1370 time=3179ms TTL=239

Ping statistics for 212.58.241.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 2452ms, Maximum = 4034ms, Average = 3240ms
g. Note down this number(packet size) and goto http://192.168.1.1/ which is BSNL modem configuration webpage
h. Usually user name would be Admin and password would be password if its different provide the correct password
i. Search in the setup pages for MTU settings or MTU size or TCP MTU Option or TCP MTU
j. Put the value which pinged perfectly, like in this example 1370 (packet size)
k. Save the settings and reboot the modem from maintenance -> System re-start or management -> system re-start depending on the modem model
l. Once the modem is re-started it should able to connect to VPN network
m. If you are not aware how to put MTU packet size in modem configuration website you can take help from BSNL helpdesk and tell them you want to update MTU settings in modem configuration page and they should be able to help where to update MTU packet size..but you should determine which MTU packet size best suit for your need as BSNL team won’t be aware of this.

B. If It connects to VPN network but Nothing works after that (like any applications or websites and outlook etc..)

a. After connecting to VPN network through token goto Start - > Run and command prompt
b. Repeat the same steps as said above from step No. b to m
c. You would be able to work

---------------------------------
This applies to people who are not able to connect to some websites and applies to most of the modem models for BSNL

I have the same model of router, i have configured everything, but i get disconnected very often . Here is what i notice when i loose the connection:i see internet light goes off and DSL light remains stable , is this something that we need to configure on device? is there any problem ??? BSNL confirms that they dont have any issueI have the same model of router, i have configured everything, but i get disconnected very often . Here is what i notice when i loose the connection:i see internet light goes off and DSL light remains stable , is this something that we need to configure on device? is there any problem ??? BSNL confirms that they dont have any issue

Thanks a mandster and essbebe, Even i faced same issue with Beetel 450TC1,
i had latest firmware TM4-0Q-025 which was not letting me to edit authentication
type in wireless settings(which was disabled and customised for airtel broadband).
i degraded the firmware to{B] TM4-0Q-020{/B] where i am able to edit it.

But even though i am not able to connect to internet. I am using windows 7 when
i troubleshooted it windows says "DNS server not responding" i changed DNS server
to openDNS server IP, dns server automatically , and with the DNS server IP's provided
by BSNL but its no use 🙁 what could be wrong.
I am not able to ping any dns server 100% loss 🙁 I tried uninstalling network adapter
driver too. i am not using any VPN. Please help me
i spent weekend in this without going anywhere 🙁

In this model say You had selected PVC2 for bsnl vpi vci 0 35.
better to select all other PVC's and deactivate them..
Confirm you connect in PPPoE mode ( userid/PW entered in modem )
Confirm getting Internet in LAN mode.
screenshots etc if required.

2. Nice information about degrading FW to avoid default airtel ssid and key
( which are greyed ) Only one more SSID 2 key can be used/set. .

3. Carefully check boxes in WAN page. all boxes required to be activated are checked.
wait posting a screen shot.
wait....http://www.pcwintech.com/files/screenshots/beetel-450tc1/003.png
4. Click the PVC list for summary

-------------------------------

Hi,

Need your help urgently, I am facing the same issue with Beetel 450TC1 router. I was using it with Airtel earlier and was now shifting to another broadband operator but today I clicked on factory restore settings and everything went haywire.

Now there are two Wifi Networks Airtel and MGMT and I am unable to connect to Airtel. In the wireless tab I am unable to change the Authentication type and it is set to WPA2 enterprise. I cannot change the settings. It also shows some RADIAL settings.

I am also unable to find the older firmware version. Presently I have the 25th version which I again flashed using this link Airtel

However it still does not work. Please help on this. Can anyone share a working link of the older firmware verison or can anyone suggest how do I configure the wireless page when the authentication dropdown is freezed.

Thanks in advance