Strange Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,222

mayank1200

ISP
airtel
my speakers are connected to my pc .....when i switch on/off any light in my room.....my internet gets stuck and i hv to restrt the modem to get connected again 🙁.......any soln. to it??????bt i dont face any prob when my pc is connected wid headfones(wh dont need any ext. supply) instead of speakers.

try to keep the speakers and modem at a distance and also on different power socket/phase if you can!

QUOTE(consensus @ Jul 24 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]56614[/snapback]
they r on diff socket 🙁
[/b]
the speakers may be powerful and draw a lot of power. wen u switch on the lights(tube-light) are there sounds(disturbances) coming from speakers?

yes....a small disturbance is always there when i switch on the lites...at that instant internet hangs

Do you have a UPS ?try also connecting modem to UPS ?

My thoughts exactly, i'm beginning to suspect your ups isn't sensitive enough to detect the power fluctuation or it is in need of a service, you can ask your UPS vendor to adjust sensitivity.I bet it does not switch to the battery when you flick a switch.Your modem like most electronic devices is pretty sensitive to this.

re-read what i said...if your UPS does not come on when you flick the light switch, your modem won't be protected.SO does it or not, obviously not or you would nto be posting here.I'd talk to your UPS vendor.

wt do u mean by this"if your UPS does not come on when you flick the light switch, your modem won't be protected."

QUOTE(consensus @ Jul 24 2006, 06:00 PM) [snapback]56602[/snapback]
my speakers are connected to my pc .....when i switch on/off any light in my room.....my internet gets stuck and i hv to restrt the modem to get connected again 🙁.......any soln. to it??????bt i dont face any prob when my pc is connected wid headfones(wh dont need any ext. supply) instead of speakers.
[/b]

First of all, how on earth did you discover that? 😛

Secondly, are you SURE it's not happening with headphones? Perhaps you got lucky a few times or something. Make SURE that it definately happens with speakers and definately does not happen with headphones.

That would narrow it down to most likely something wrong with the speakers. Plug them into a different room but leave the speakers connected there. Use an extension cable to do this. What's the result then? If you still have the same problem, something is really wrong.

Have you tried another set of speakers powered off the mains? I'd be pointing my finger at the speakers rather than the modem/ups.

I don't know much about ups's though so maybe it's faulty. Don't use ups's here

Shot noise.........Very easy to resolve........ Keep your speakers away from the computer and try to get a different power source for the speakers... 😛