Rat Problem!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 29,745
bump!

@Sushubh I used mortein rat cake and it just made those rats mad now they are running and jumping around like crazy not sure if this is how the poision works

do anyone have a better rat poison suggestion ? rats traps is not working for me ,may be its rainy season or something but these rats just keep on coming

You could go to the local seeds/insecticides/pesticides shop and ask for something.

Leave odonil In it and sprinkle white vinegar also they won't come again

those rat cakes are weak af. i used one once, rat ate it and even after 24 hours it was alive so i went to the local market and found an old guy selling rat killer powder, bought one packet for Rs 10, and it did the job.

ps- if you have a dog/cat in house, make sure it doesnt eat the bait.

Last edited:
Rat problem is increasing from past couple of years in and around our farm house. Damaged Mercedes Benz GLS of family a close friend last month😡.

All the commercial rat poisons are super risky as other animals tend to eat (we have to keep them all over farm in the open to control rat menace). So we use multiple steel traps with roasted coconut copra as bait to control the issue around vehicle garage.

In the open areas we use gliricidia sepium cake (cook rice with the leaves, ferment, make cakes and throw them all over) to control rats. This way other animals don't die and no side effects to humans who make them.

Expert Advice: Don't keep rat poisons near car. Rat will die in some remote corner of engine bay, especially around or inside air conditioning intake (since it will be moist) making it a tough job to remove. Not to forget the stinking smell for weeks.

Rest of the methods like tobacco leaves, camphor balls, aroma oil, spray etc are useless.

I made the mistake of using tobacco in car ?

Tobacco smell is nothing compared to rat committing suicide inside A/C intake vent (happened to a friend). The damn car was smelling inside out for weeks😢. I almost puked when I went near the car once.

went to four different service centers. no one could locate the area where the rat was coming into the car.
once i was driving and the rat was dancing around the feet. that was the moment i decided that it was futile and decided to sell the car.
did not face any problem with rats in my hyundai. parks at the same spot.

bump!

@Sushubh I used mortein rat cake and it just made those rats mad now they are running and jumping around like crazy not sure if this is how the poision works

do anyone have a better rat poison suggestion ? rats traps is not working for me ,may be its rainy season or something but these rats just keep on coming
Eating that poison is supposed to make rats stay in light instead of darkness. you should keep your doors open so that rats escape outside and die outside. they'll die in your home in next 1~2 days otherwise

Seems like we all have same problem with rats. I was out of station few days back and came home and upon entering kitchen, I was hit in the face by dead rat smell. It was coming from under the sink but it was empty down there. I thought maybe the smell is coming from drinage pipes.
when it didnt clear next day also, I called apartment watchman and he found a fucking cave behind steel sink. fucking rats chewed thru cement(!!) and made a cave between wall and sink and there was a dead baby rat there.

then asked maid and she said that she was finding cement dust there but she just cleaned it and didnt mention it to me. that small cave was full of rat shit and I got the whole thing broken down, and installed a new steel sink. fucking rats. and they're huge in size too, not small rats like in tom and jerry

these rats are very smart they ate the cake on first day but now they are not even touching it.

Mortein poison doesn't kill them it just makes them mad, I have never seen rats running in circles and jumping like crazy and you cannot just scare them by making noise or anything.

Can tobacco kill them ? I will try to find some strong rat poison from local stores

Tobacco theory is related to smell. Makes them go away. In your car, it makes you go away.