1.5 months of tata photon plus - Now I know why airtel is best of the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh. the fact remains... wireless broadband in india... even 400kbps is pretty usable. much better than what you would get from an edge connection.

and since the bandwidth is already limited... it is not that big of a deal. in the end u would still have just 15GB of data transfer allocated to you.

na they are looting bothways then shitty speed with pathetic FUP over it.....ya thats indian co. fr u

well i would look at it as 1500 bucks for 15GB of data transfer at usable speeds. of course they advertise it as broadband when they cannot really guarantee any speeds. my wife's connection has given me speeds ranging from 20KBps to 120kBps. i don't think i have seen anything near 3mbps on it.

well i would look at it as 1500 bucks for 15GB of data transfer at usable speeds. of course they advertise it as broadband when they cannot really guarantee any speeds.

my wife's connection has given me speeds ranging from 20KBps to 120kBps. i don't think i have seen anything near 3mbps on it.

yup pure looting....TRAI is also having fun I guess since all these operators do what ever they like....

well you do reach that speed (64 KBps) according to download manager I use during night times. During day also speed is around 50 KBps. I download nearly 60 GB of data in a month and sometimes I do not switch off my wireless router for a month. Worldwide the best speeds in terms of reliability and consistency is of wired broadband. I am planning to buy a BSNL 3g prepaid connection with a low cost plan for browsing & mobility and using the regular broadband for downloads. Does anybody knows about the reliability of BSNL 3g data card in Bangalore? Ris

Dear Mr.Padmanabha Holla

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We value your membership highly and sincerely regret for the unfortunate turn of events and apologize for the delay in resolving your concern.

We have confirmed from our Nodal team that your issue has been resolved, as the 3 GB usage has been credited back to your account today (17-Sep-2010).

Further, understand your grievance and assure you that, we will win back your faith in Tata Indicom with our exemplary service.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

Oh I am seeing this post now.🙂 They have you screwed dude.

Hi Akas,
I'm really relived hearing that I'm not the only one having problem with tata photon+. At least you received speeds of 600Kbps for some time but I NEVER received speeds more then 300Kbps. I tried to explain them the problem since they are promising the speeds upto 3.1Mbps downlink and 1.8Mbps uplink all over in their website, in news papers and on huge banners all around the streets and I was wondering whats wrong with my connection and in return I received very poor customer services!!

I rejected similar reliance and BSNL plans since my DAD told me that TATA is the best, I'm sorry Dad was wrong this time though!!

I registered several complaints 233972047, 232371821, 233972047 and a few others, posted a number of emails and stuff but to my surprise they never really provided any help. Twice they just mailed me that your problem has been resolved without even talking to me about what really has gone wrong, I tried calling their service center 1800 266 121 but it always remain engaged.

I was so fed up I requested them to convert it to a prepaid connection (you won't believe the pathetic tariff plans they have for prepaid customers) they told me that it can't be done before 3 billing cycles so I have to bear this pathetic connections for at least 2 more months and pay for it when I'm not even getting 1/10th of what is being offered.

Here are some screen shots of the speeds I received from Tata Photon+ with servers all around the world to prove my point!

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Hi Akas,
I'm really relived hearing that I'm not the only one having problem with tata photon+. At least you received speeds of 600Kbps for some time but I NEVER received speeds more then 300Kbps. I tried to explain them the problem since they are promising the speeds upto 3.1Mbps downlink and 1.8Mbps uplink all over in their website, in news papers and on huge banners all around the streets and I was wondering whats wrong with my connection and in return I received very poor customer services!!

I rejected similar reliance and BSNL plans since my DAD told me that TATA is the best, I'm sorry Dad was wrong this time though!!

I registered several complaints 233972047, 232371821, 233972047 and a few others, posted a number of emails and stuff but to my surprise they never really provided any help. Twice they just mailed me that your problem has been resolved without even talking to me about what really has gone wrong, I tried calling their service center 1800 266 121 but it always remain engaged.

I was so fed up I requested them to convert it to a prepaid connection (you won't believe the pathetic tariff plans they have for prepaid customers) they told me that it can't be done before 3 billing cycles so I have to bear this pathetic connections for at least 2 more months and pay for it when I'm not even getting 1/10th of what is being offered.

Here are some screen shots of the speeds I received from Tata Photon+ with servers all around the world to prove my point!

Another important thing, this is the reply I received from From the Desk of Anil Sardana, MD - Tata Teleservices Ltd. so if you are deciding to purchase Tata Photon+ or any other services please be VERY careful, examine closely all the promises they are making, try researching on the internet and get feedback from at least 5-6 different friends you know are using that service otherwise you'll get into a trap as the device you are going to purchase (cost Rs. 2600) only works for that respective service provider and the company is not going to make ANY refund at all if you are not satisfied. Also please DO NOT rely on any private service providers they are ONLY doing business, they DO NOT care about the CUSTOMER SATISFACTION a bit!!

Dear Mr. Gupta,
Thank you for writing to us.

Someone from our team will get in touch with you within the next 24 hours to trouble-shoot on the speed issue.

We would also like to take this opportunity to clarify that that the Photon Plus operates on EVDO REV A technology that is capable of speed up to 3.1 Mbps downlink. A subscriber under standard test conditions on EVDO REV A technology used by Photon Plus can get this speed and this has been validated and approved by TRAI.

However, the actual connection & browsing speed depends on a variety of factors, including the number of simultaneous Photon Plus users in your area, time of the day, webpage accessed etc. Thus, in most real-world situations, you can expect average speeds of 300-600 Kbps (Kilo bits per Second)

Regards,
Munira Rangwala
From the Desk of Anil Sardana
MD - Tata Teleservices Ltd.

Now if you read the email closely you see them saying
the actual connection & browsing speed depends on a variety of factors, including the number of simultaneous Photon Plus users in your area, time of the day, webpage accessed etc. Thus, in most real-world situations, you can expect average speeds of 300-600 Kbps (Kilo bits per Second)

So my question is where in the website or any of the advertisements or leaflets they mentioned this info to the customer before purchasing?

@anupam,
1st of all, please dont quote yourself when you have so many images in your post, it is not so good for those on Data based plans, and also makes it difficult to follow the text.You can edit your previous post if you want to make any changes.

Also, they do mention on their website that expected speed is 500kbps only.

As for the 3 months rule, ask them where it is mentioned on the website. If it is there, then you cannot do anything about it, but you may get lucky and it may not be there.

As you have all your complaint numbers, you can try contacting the nodal officer as well.

In fact, to change my bill plan, the conversation was as follows(me:M , TATA CC:T)
M: Pls change my bill plan to ...
T:Then u will lose ur discount
M:Where does it say so?
T: On the website
M: where on the website
T🙁guides me to postpaid plans section and asks me to read the T&C below the plans)
M: (read them to him)
T: Sir, there must be a condition with a '*' saying T&C apply
M: I just told you the T&C
( had the same conversation 5-6 times and complaint here, followed by a complaint to Nodal officer, they managed to fix my day time speed(to 500-1000kbps), but night time cannot be fixed--I do understand the reason why it cannot be fixed) and adjusted my bill plan, in addition to some refund amount

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

@anupam,
also you can use the speedtest image link instead of full screenshots, much lighter and provide the same info.

I may be wrong but is it that Tata uses different servers for different set of users? I doubt whether this boils down to "congestion" really. What I do know of is that they have a few set of servers for more number of customers being serviced. This is a hunch but don't expect any response from the morons lurking around here as Tata Employees.

I may be wrong but is it that Tata uses different servers for different set of users? I doubt whether this boils down to "congestion" really. What I do know of is that they have a few set of servers for more number of customers being serviced. This is a hunch but don't expect any response from the morons lurking around here as Tata Employees.

most of it does boil down to congestion or network inadequacy, I do know that for sure, as I live in a college hostel, where >100 photon+ users are covered by a single tower.
During vacations or exams(when noone is using the internet) I get speeds of 1-2(rarely 2.5) Mbps at a signal strength of 70-80%
During peak time(around midnight when the college net is blocked) it is almost impossible to even connect(1130 PM-1230 AM) and even if you do connect you will get 0.02-0.2Mbps speeds..(if their DNS is not down)

Ok mr.Tata Photon,You have to answer this question..?Is it 3.1MBPS is MEGA BYTES or MEGA BITS per SECOND? im hearing roumers on this?

for those who do not know.Let me say that the wired is many times faster than wireless.I live in Tirupur district and I am usind Airtel Broadband 2Mbps with 5Gb free at Rs 699 per month I use Internet download manager and my download speed from day to morning is around 290 kbps.If u dont believe use Airtel.Service of Airtel is mind Blowing service is done within 12hrs of given time.

most of it does boil down to congestion or network inadequacy, I do know that for sure, as I live in a college hostel, where >100 photon+ users are covered by a single tower.
I think it would be having more users without either the spectrum being accounted for or even the backend being hauled up to support more subscribers. I hate it when companies don't honor their commitments,issue misleading advertisements and have a pathetic customer care as a "package". One doesn't have a choice when a wireline would not be feasible for many reasons and suffer as a result of this.

I got one just today, regret it so much now, the speed is pathetic, anyone thinking of getting it, please don't. I will give it away for half the price I got it, if anyone wants it...its darn "FRUSTRATING". Believe Real people , not Colored Advertisements...

Latest update:I managed to get shifted to the 5GB Unlimited plan, retained my discountAlso, speeds are above 60kBps most of the time now(there was a 10 day, 3 hour per day outage in my area, after that the speeds improved)Got a total refund of Rs 900 (600 from CC,300 from Nodal officer)Bill plan change took a month, and a call to nodal officer, but finally got done.Now the next struggle starts, how to put my connection in safe custody...called CC 3 times, got a different reply each time.Am doing discussion on email only, so that I have written proof of all that takes place

Status
Not open for further replies.