How to disable advertising/service message SMSs on Trump prepaid

indianarchie

Regular
ISP
MTNL Xpress Non-combo 650 Unltd.
I have a prepaid Trump connection in Mumbai. How can I disable receiving those annoying "Service message" SMSs? These are really annoying and spammy with most promoting MTNL's 3G service, or prompting me to "download hot bikini babes" to my phone. I receive around 5-10 such messages every day and its a pain having to delete each one as it arrives.

Try smsing the START DND to 1909..else talk to those CC people...

You can disable the service messages by turning off the option of "receive service messages" (or something alike depending on the phone) on your cell phone.Regarding the advertising messages I don't think you can disable them. I've registered my number with DND long back but I still receive those messages everyday.

anyone found a solution yet?Advertisments are getting really irritating now.Got 3 in the last one hour.Ranging from flats to mba courses!What the hell!

I press the 'c' button on my phone as soon as I see the sender of the message is not from my contacts. At least I don't have to read the entire message 😉

I have managed to stop the service messages by disabling that 'feature' in my cell phone settings. I still get other advertising spam though.