would u still go for Sify broadband

google_singh

Regular
Just to tell u another face of Sify....ahh it's the face of CTO.....See the attached image

It took more than 5 minutes for me to load this post page and god knows how much will it take to actually post it

MY CTO is actually very busy with collecting the maintenance charges while heis never able to maintain it

http://broadbandforum.co/59/is-3...a-good-network/

this was one of MY better days on sify broadband... i have worse screenshots in mail's sent folder.

Things will improve keep fightingMy case: Last night it rained and as soon as it began than my network went out. Checked for more than 1 hour it didnot comeup. Donot know when it came up.

I have been fighting for the past 2 years.....things havent improved....infact the customers have increased...and the chances of an infected PC are higher now...I face problems in MY LAN every now and then.....and it's mostly due to collosion from some PC.....and my f**king cablewallah isnt able to identify from whose computer the collosion is coming...Is there anysoftware outthere by which I can identify from which computer the prom is originating ???

Sniff man Sniff ----A Time & Memory consuming process----Keep a look on all the data coming into your nic. @n@1yze it you will get the result

the ONLY problem i have faced with sify is this logout problem.. my cable operator is cool..

Google Singhji .....dont use avg antivirus ... its total bakwas ....In my case it was unable to detect most viruses .... I have made a cd of virus files on it ... i tested most antivirus softwares on it .....avg was unable to detect most ....zonealarm suite 5.5.062 is the best .... It can detect viruses and also doubles up as a Firewall ..... u will be surprised that once it is properly configured how easy it is stay protected .... it will also tell u who are trying to connect to ur pc on your local network ..... In my case i have more than 10 ppl who try to connect everyday.....za responds by showing the ip address of the person on the local network 10.xx.xxx.xxx ....and that it had blocked the acess .... my search for a perfect firewall has ended with it........... search the net for za reviewes and u will find that most sites have given it the editors choice...........Bitdefender 8 professional has a great AV ,,but firewall is total sh*t .... so dont use that ..... I had that before using za

Are you still having this problem google singh? I once had the exact same problem and the cto put a hub at my place because it seems the wire length was too long or something.

Nah this problem occurs frequently but not continuously. Like once I was having the prom throughout the day.,,,,,and then as soon as the power went off...the pings became fine perhaps bcoz the computer from where the prom was generating also got off...and when power came back ....the prom started again.Basically I think the prom is from a particular comp or line...and then when that person switches on his comp....the whole network goes mad......whenevr i ask my cto....he says he is searching for that particular computer....but he is never able toSo basically we are at mercy of those virus infected computers. The wire from Hub to my comp is at most 30 meters......is that okayRegarding AntiVirus software....I need a free one...and I too feel AVG isnt good enough....so which one shud i go in for?? Wat about Sify's ASAP????

use avast or better still use antivir personal aedition which is the best free antiviral software... btw,, why do you need a free antivirus?? stuck by a feeling of morality are we? 🙄

google singhji ..By using ZA SUITE u will get the network ip address of the person who is pinging u ..... then call up sify Tell them that u hav the ip of that person ... they will lookup in their records as to who is having that ipand the culprit will be caught ............. why do u need a free av googleji ....... how do i say it?just (phodo)(english meaning intended) it yaar 😉

Bhinder i have something to tell.... i read ur post in the backroom...regarding svchost.exe ..... the same has happened to me too .... my net connectin was not working ... so i terminated one of the 5 svchost.exe files and suddenly the net started working ...although the disconnection problems were still there .... I ran an av scan but did not find anything .... i downloaded NOD32 and it too did not find anything .... I want so far as to run f-prot av in dos mode but still i did not find anything.... could u tell me what was the name of the virus that u found ... i could download a removal tool from the net and try that too .... i am begining to wonder that it is not a virus .... but closing svchost.exe did open my net so i just dont know......please help

it was the welchia worm/virus and probably the problems i was having with my internet connection were not due to this virus.. it was probably a coincidence that my connection stopped working and my pc was infected by a virus at the same time.. because to my knowledge.. welchia wouldn't stop the internet from working properly on you computer.. and since you scanned your computer with all those antivirus programs.. you shouldn't be infected.. 🙂