Two wireless modems on a single connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter DevilSalil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 11,390

DevilSalil

HiI have an MTNL broadband conneciton at home with a wireless modem. The problem is that the wirelss modem is in one room.. and the signal does not reach in the other rooms. All 3 bedrooms have the sockets for phone connection and I have to physically move the wireless modem to the other rooms for the internet to work there, defeating the wholepurpose of a wireless mdoem. I have tried making signal boosters, but hardly of any use since the layout of the house does not allow the signal to reach the other rooms and placing the modem at a central location isn't possible as well.Is there a way of connecting 2 wireless modems that can be connected on two different sockets of the same phone line in different rooms and both connect to the internet using the same broadband connection. Or is there any other way by which I can solve this problem?ThanksSalil

hi salil how yo uare fine i read your prob i give you some tips i think its use abale for you you need access point . for send signel for other rooms from your wirless modem there is Ethernet port there. from your modem port you take one Ethernet wire and give in your access point then you can extend your signel and range in some access point there is opp you can link point2point through wirless and no need Ethernet . one more opp there there in market one device 2 pes set you can use in same home and room its work like that you need give device in yor electric socket from where you have modem and from your modem one Ethernet wire go in your device one side work complete now 2nd where you need signel in other room same device 2nd part you put that room on socket in both devive Ethernet jack there from 2nd room its depend on you .you want use with wire if you want use with wire you take one Ethernet wire and put in device jack and 2nd end in your pc Ethernet port .if you want use wirless then same wire witch end going in your pc same end you remove from pc and give in access point then you can use wirless hope its use full for you bye bye with best reg ABBAS DUBAI UAE

Is there a way of connecting 2 wireless modems that can be connected on two
different sockets of the same phone line in different rooms and both connect to
the internet using the same broadband connection.
room 1:
Phone junction ==>>> Adsl Modem=== Modem Port === ADSL modem ===>> Rj45 to wifi router
from wifirouter room1 ===>>> rj45 from LAN1 to room 2
room 2 WIFI router no 2 Internet port.
from room 2 wifi router Lan 1====>>.
room 3 rj45 to WIFI router 3 internet port. ( extra cost Rj45 cables 2 extra wifi routers approx Rs 3000 to Rs 4000 )
Option 2 :
Room1 same as above. ( all phones from PHOne Port )
Room 2 new adsl splitter ( optional if Phone needed ) adsl modem wif router
Room 3 same as above. (wifi router etc from Room No 2 )
Extra cost adsl modem and wifi router adsl splitter Rs 3000 to Rs 4000/
Option 3 :
Reposition adslmodem wifi router in Room No 2.
and check reception in laptops.
Feedback.
REF: "Sticky" post wa3002-g4 quick reference in BSNL forum.

simplest way to do...buy two routers 2000x2 (viz whr54gs) = 4K ..flash DDWRT or tomato..use the 2nd router as repeater..requires technical expertise though 😕

good cyber you give good idea but dear he is earching cheap way other wise if he is abale 2spend much onley with one accpoint he can cover alls and extend signel up too 31km so tell him easy way thx

I know I am reviving a very old thread but I am stuck with a similar problem. Can anyone help?My current setup:Hall: Main line - concealedBedroom: Parallel Line 1 - concealedStudy: Parallel Line 2 - concealed.Equipment:I have: ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 - 802.11g Wireless ADSL2+ 4-port Gateway over POTSI am planning to get: A D-Link wireless router with extra antenna to increase coverage.Final setup:Hall: Wifi Router 1. No phoneBedroom: Wifi Router 2, Cordless phoneStudy: Wifi Router 3, Fixed phone instrument.My plan is to use ONLY ONE Wifi Router at any one time.Research so far:1. I am aware that I cannot use multiple wifi routers at the SAME TIME on the SAME SINGLE Line.Need help:1. How do I get the wiring connected with splitters such that my Wifi router will work at any point?2. Any other suggestion to help me achieve my final setup.Thanks a ton.

Do you need to extend a wireless network, or a wired network?You can try use a router as a wireless repeater, or a wireless bridge. I am using a WRT54G on DD-wrt as a wireless client, to extend my wired network. (However, it does not act as a wireless repeater in this mode .. )It can be setup as a wireless repeater as well .

How big (in sqft) is your house ?

My hall is about 180 sqft
There is a kitchen in between hall & bedroom
My bedroom is about 120 sqft
My study is about32 sqft.
This study is after the bedroom & entrance is from within the bedroom.

Do you need to extend a wireless network, or a wired network?

You can try use a router as a wireless repeater, or a wireless bridge.

I am using a WRT54G on DD-wrt as a wireless client, to extend my wired network. (However, it does not act as a wireless repeater in this mode .. )
It can be setup as a wireless repeater as well .

I'm looking at a wireless network. I'm not exploring a wifi repeater because most of my friends are disappointed with repeaters.

However, can you please share product link. Will check. Thanks.

Alright, given your house size a single wifi router should be enough. What is your budget ? and in which room does the phone line originate ?

Alright, given your house size a single wifi router should be enough. What is your budget ? and in which room does the phone line originate ?

I ALREADY have: ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 - 802.11g Wireless ADSL2+ 4-port Gateway over POTS
I am planning to get: A D-Link wireless router with extra antenna to increase coverage. Budget is not any issue. Getting connectivity in ALL rooms is important.

The phone line originates in the Hall. So far with the existing modem (ZyXEL P-660HW-T1), the wifi signal is barely available in the bedroom. There is NO SIGNAL in the study.

This is the reason, I am attempting to activate a Wifi router in whichever room I would be at any point.

Any advise on how the connection should be?

So far the Wifi router ONLY works in the Hall. There is no connection when I connect to the phone line in the bedroom or the study.

Thanks a lot for helping.