Alcatel Speedtouch 330 Modem On Bsnl?

msujana

[OP]
Jul 21, 2006
Hi,I have an ALCATEL SPEEDTOUCH 330 DSL MODEM. Can I use this for the BSNL DATAONE DSL service or is it that the only modem that works on it's service is that cheap built modem that BSNL supplies...:)Was anyone able to configure their other modems (apart from those supplied by BSNL) on the BSNL DSL service? Would appreciate your help on this please...Thanks!

msujana

[OP]
Jul 21, 2006
Hi!!I was able to connect my SpeedTouch 330 USB on the BSNL Dataone ADSL connection. If someone wants the procedure to connect, I will forward the email I got from the Speedtouch Customer Service. All you need to do is uninstall the existing Speedtouch driver and install the driver that the CS people have sent me. That's all! And you are ready to browse.

dxer

Sleepwalker
Regulars
May 14, 2005
I believe that LAN connection will be faster than the USB connection. Try it if possible.

msujana

[OP]
Jul 21, 2006
Hi Viswam, Sorry I did not check your message....were you able to connect after changing the settings? If not let me know and I will send the email to you....

22ji

Regulars
Jun 12, 2006
QUOTE(viswam @ Sep 4 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]61058[/snapback]
I have received reply from speedtouch customer service. They have given instructions for manually changing the vci & vpi values.

If any one want can check the link.

http://www.speedtouch.net.nz/changeVpiVci.htm
[/b]

i unable to connect after changing these values, can you please tell me in detail if anything other than this needs to be changed or send me drivers.