• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 21,172
Status
Not open for further replies.

sushrukh

ISP
BSNL Data One Unlimited @ 256 Kbps
And today i got my Reliance WiMax installed at 1536 kbps.I took the 1536 kbps plan at 2700 per month but i have opted for 8041 quarterly.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8904/dsc0057ea.jpg

I have read many reviews here about poor connectivity but believe me if you have a BTS Tower within 2-3 KMs, you will not have any problem.

Here is the primary Results which have been setup by the Reliance installation guys.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/538/testing1.png

They set the CINR at 22 & RSSI at 62 from which i was getting the above speeds but After they leave my house , i did Re-align my SS & connected to another tower with better values which is below.I wanted a better CINR than the Reliance configured 22 but i did not want to argue with them.So, i did it myself & am happy about it. 🙂

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1302/currentcinrrssivalues.png

The new speed test result is Freaking awesome for a 1536 kbps line & my Ping has got much improved too ( 71 to 63 ) .

I know there are lot of people here who just hate Reliance because they are not satisfied , either for their location where WiMax Towers are not present nearby or maybe any other reason.

But I am too much satisfied with this.Reliance WiMax ROCKS believe it or not. 🙂

I went for the Static IP plan.So, there's no Login/Disconnection for me.Connected 24x7 without dropping a single connection & I have configured the connection to be worked with my Linksys WAG120N Wi-Fi Router. 🙂

I love my WiMax too🙂

but people R-People using old 802.11d tech , and now a days everybody including bsnl are providing wimax mobile , and there coverage is much better due to 2.5Ghz instead of 3.4Ghz

But people opt out of wimax because of the latency problem... look at your latency... for

But people opt out of wimax because of the latency problem... look at your latency... for

No need to call anyone childish first of all ...
secondly i live in delhi , which is almost as far from bombay as kol is from bombay..i get 44ms latency to that hns server... even

No need to call anyone childish first of all ...
secondly i live in delhi , which is almost as far from bombay as kol is from bombay..i get 44ms latency to that hns server... even

I'll show you 120mbps downstream on 2mbps plan ... what say you?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

:rofl: i was just merely pointing out that it has high latency that's all why get all blown over it ?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Dude my adsl internet connection goes down maybe what once in 2 years that too for 5 secs

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

I know mtnl does not provide internet in kol !

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

I'm talking about Real & consistent speed , not some photoshopped or unreal speed which does not exist in reality.

I have posted this in the Reliance WiMax section & you came to argue with me with your MTNL wired line.That's again either childish or you are confused about where you should post your concern.Weird. :iplay:

It is not the place where you will show me what your MTNL can do because this place of the forum is ONLY intended for discussion about Reliance WiMax Broadband.So, post your love for MTNL somewhere else , most preferably in the MTNL Broadband section of this forum.Can't you damn see that you are posting in the wrong forum ? Your post does not mean anything in this forum because this particular place is for Reliance WiMax only.Next time Please check where you are posting.

I'm not interested in arguing with you anymore.Stay happy with your MTNL.I'm happy with my connection.

Reliance haters in this forum are pathetic. :madness: End of discussion.

Thank You.

I have heard about MTNL from my friends who stay in Delhi, it indeed IS the best connection out there.

For people like me who are from Kolkata, high latency or not Reliance WiMax provides the best connection out here. With zero downtime and transfer speeds always either close to and above the advertised bandwidth the past 1 and a half years has been absolutely trouble and complain free for me.

Here is a result of speedtest taken yesterday on my 400kbps connection.

https://www.speedtest.net

Speaking of other operators in Kolkata from my past experiences, Airtel, Sify gave speeds lower than promised. BSNL has been an absolute nightmare, things still didn't improve even after the DE of the Exchange got a verbal bashing from me, along with an escalation from CGM's office.

Yep Reliance WiMax IS the best connection in my city Kolkata.I got a free Static IP too.No Login required.Connected 24X7.I just downloaded a 7 GB game which took me nearly 9.5 hours.It is awesome. 🙂

BSNL , AIRTEL , Sify & Alliance - all sucks big time. :madness:

@ godric_gt :- Where do u stay in Kolkata ? I'm near Dunlop & i am getting more than 10-20% of my promised speed all the time. 🙂

sushrukh , it is possible to wifi my Indoor CPE (wimax Bsnl), Bsnl guys said , it is not possible in current wimax model , but later it is possible ,I want to know which cpe you used,

my bsnl wimax. getting 1.5 -2mbps. but upload speed is very very poor. i think i need to call them for that.

athul_143, which plan are you on?jdjain, it is possible, you need to do it yourself, browse this forum, there are instructions.sushrukh, I stay near the Gouribari Flyover, I am connected to a BTS near Manicktala, needless to say I am getting more than the rated speed for the last 1.5 years ever since I got the connection. 🙂

sushrukh , it is possible to wifi my Indoor CPE (wimax Bsnl), Bsnl guys said , it is not possible in current wimax model , but later it is possible ,

I want to know which cpe you used,

Yes it IS possible.Just insert the Rj45 cable coming out of your POE to your Wireless Router & then configure your Router's WAN port as either Static ( if you got the Static plan ) or DHCP ( if you opted for the Dynamic IP plan ) & voila . 🙂 You made the connection wireless.Now access the Router from anywhere else in your house provided that you have Wireless Cards or Adapters installed in the devices which you want to access the Router from. 🙂

sushrukh, I stay near the Gouribari Flyover, I am connected to a BTS near Manicktala, needless to say I am getting more than the rated speed for the last 1.5 years ever since I got the connection. 🙂

Nice to know.You are getting the above 2Mbps on your 400 plan ? That's nice. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.