Frequent Disconnection with Beetel 450BXI ADSL2 + Router

vikrantsirur

ISP
Airtel
Hi Everyone,I have a 2 Mbps connection with airtel. Over the last month or so the Router has been automatically disconnecting. All the lights except the power light go off (sequentially from the right. that is the WLAN first, the internet and the DSL go off). The router automatically reconnects in 2 minutes.I have called airtel customer care, and they sent their engineer who claims the connection from outside is fine. He recently changed the Modem/Router and adapter, but the problem hasn't been resolved.Now he claims that it is a voltage problem:madness: and he can't do anything about.So basically i wanted to know if it is possible that it is a voltage issue (since the power light never goes off) as i have connected it through the UPS and spike buster as well.And if it is not a Voltage issue what can the problem be.Thanks Vikrant

I had a problem with frequent disconnection with the same model 2 days back.Disconnected at least 5 times over the day and speed was also very slow with .5 Mbps instead of 2 Mbps.Called airtel, and they sent yesterday the engineer.He told modem is hanging and has to be upgraded to new firmware.He downloaded and installed new firmware and now it is running fine,no disconnect and proper speed.

thanks. i will call airtel and check with them about the firmware. but i think he did update it last time. my speeds are decent. im getting 1.7 - 1.8 mbps, but the diconnections are probably quite a bit more than 5 times a day