Finally applied to beam telecom broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter ranjitbhar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 22,717
I had a heck of a downtime on Sunday in 2 shifts each about 3-4 hrs I thought that it was their maintenance and it would fix the slow speed issue, but nothing change still getting lousy speed to most of the servers.I have finally given up and wont complain as its not making any difference, planning to downgrade to a slower speed.

First the good thing I have noticed that from the last 2 days 29,30 Sep the connection has improved a lot almost all the sites are loading very fast so they have fixed the slow speed problems they were having, the speeds to even the US servers have improved quite a bit.

Now the bad part, My connection has been down from 8pm (30 Sep) and its even down right now more than 15 hours as of now, I must have tried calling the support number more than 20 times but its always engaged I have emailed support and also SMS them but there is no reply from their end the frustrating part is that I cant even log a complaint to them in a proper fashion, will wait to see how long this downtime will be.

I am lucky that I have a standby connection with me, but if your internet connection up time is critical to you then I guess you need a standby connection with beam.......... BTW this is the second outage I am facing in the last 10 days will update you guys when the connection will finally come back.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

It's really strange after posting about the downtime here after 15 mins the connection was up, so total downtime of about 16 hrs I guess.

BTW the connection speeds seems to be fast now 🙂

UPDATE

After about an hour I got an email reply with ticket number and also after that a few minutes later a call from Beam to check on the status of my connection.

You are lucky that it got resolved after 16hrs. During ganesh nimajjanam my connection was not working for 5 days. They had some problem with their fiber. They gave me tickets 6-7 times and their status got resolved without actually resolving them. First the good thing I have noticed that from the last 2 days 29,30 Sep the connection has improved a lot almost all the sites are loading very fast so they have fixed the slow speed problems they were having, the speeds to even the US servers have improved quite a bit.

Now the bad part, My connection has been down from 8pm (30 Sep) and its even down right now more than 15 hours as of now, I must have tried calling the support number more than 20 times but its always engaged I have emailed support and also SMS them but there is no reply from their end the frustrating part is that I cant even log a complaint to them in a proper fashion, will wait to see how long this downtime will be.

I am lucky that I have a standby connection with me, but if your internet connection up time is critical to you then I guess you need a standby connection with beam.......... BTW this is the second outage I am facing in the last 10 days will update you guys when the connection will finally come back.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

It's really strange after posting about the downtime here after 15 mins the connection was up, so total downtime of about 16 hrs I guess.

BTW the connection speeds seems to be fast now 🙂

UPDATE

After about an hour I got an email reply with ticket number and also after that a few minutes later a call from Beam to check on the status of my connection.

wat abt tolichowki area? I am planning to get one there. Or is it the same everywhere?

I use 600Rs Unlimited Plan(786 kbps till fair usage 256 kbps after that). Only download data is counted towards fair usage. I download around 15 Gb every month and never hit fair usage policy. Connection works excellently. No buffering at any video sites and full speed in torrents. So for home usage its really VFM. But for business/official use you should make sure that you have a backup connection because sometime they are really poor on resolving problems.

wat abt tolichowki area? I am planning to get one there. Or is it the same everywhere?

I use 600Rs Unlimited Plan(786 kbps till fair usage 256 kbps after that). Only download data is counted towards fair usage. I download around 15 Gb every month and never hit fair usage policy. Connection works excellently. No buffering at any video sites and full speed in torrents. So for home usage its really VFM. But for business/official use you should make sure that you have a backup connection because sometime they are really poor on resolving problems.

am planning to get the 1mbps connection there. Thanks for the info mate

just to check if its all gud in this area I am going for the 600Rs scheme, i asked the salesguy, he said 800Rs as installation charge :O.. the owner who lives in the ground floor already has beam connection.. also at ma friend's place i asked the beam fella and he said installation charge would be free in the apartments where beam is already setup and for the ones outside(new connection), it would be half the amount of the scheme.. weird.. so am still waiting till this guy either gives it for free or for a reasonable amount...