Whats This New Prob?

WhoElseButME

[OP]
Jan 27, 2005
Hey ppl,In the same boat as you all, i.e. sinking, sinking, sunkS-I-F-YKudos to Sushubh! I love this line - b*st*rdizing Broadband in India!Ok so Sify was working "fine" uptill now but since the past 2 days on the night account the data transfer stops after 10MB. Tried in on a different comp also got it tried at my friends place but the same thing.Customer service said they disabled heartbeat but still nothing.Don't believe me....look at the picsMaybe BSNL will come to the rescue. They say it'll start by feb in Chandigarh and as they have no charges on extra usage till June 31, I can go berserk downloading at 512.

WhoElseButME

[OP]
Jan 27, 2005
BTW between uploading pic 2 and 3 sify logged me out again.So one more time ... SIFY s*ckS!I read an article "Death of dial up" some time back and wondered when dial up would die in India. Almost makes me go back to DU esp with a 15 min pulse rate for net access at night.Miscarriage of BB by Sify.Here's pic 3.

Supreme

Regulars
Jan 27, 2005
Many of the people have been facing this kind of problem. I m one of themWait it might get rectified withina day or 2

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
how about filing a joint complaint against sify.. a lot of people on this forum have the same problem and maybe we can get some action taken sooner if we all complain to the customer care

WhoElseButME

[OP]
Jan 27, 2005
Dudes the guy who called today even said that this is a "policy"Then when I told him that I was downloading 400MB a night before he retracted and disabled my heartbeat feature.Didnt help as usual.This prob is not there with the 64 K shared connection . Only the night pack, which btw is the ONLY decent pack offered by SIFY.Like the 4950 256k valid for 12 months has a limit of 2 GB!!!! for an YEAR!!!! What a JOKE

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
:blink: so what are they gonna do about it.. so they gonna continue this policy.. well they're gonna lose users.. :angry:

WhoElseButME

[OP]
Jan 27, 2005
They will lose me first. I wont renew anymore...reason to take only a month's subscription. But I don't think it was a policy...just a way to tarkaofy the problem. I will speak again tomorrow. Man the 64 cant get 5 kb download on emule. Hardly above 2 most of the time.

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
but still.. EVERY single sify user i know has been facing this problem.. they gotta find a solution

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
Maybe they are still trying to fix the . I still miss web login page and hate to run clients in background :(