Nokia N8 Smartphone in India

Ok, you are saying this just because I have not added 'Free' and 'out of the box' words before it? iOS is being known for need of an app for most of the things even basics and I hate this. And you can not neglect other plus points this particular phone (N8) has over the competition and I would better like to know a proper justification for why it isn't a worth of purchase anymore with some strong and solid points (like I said before).

That's admin thought and better ignore it if u don't like it guys (neither I), wont do any good as we are talking about Nokia N8 (a phone) not android (a OS)!!

Ok, you are saying this just because I have not added 'Free' and 'out of the box' words before it? iOS is being known for need of an app for most of the things even basics and I hate this. And you can not neglect other plus points this particular phone (N8) has over the competition and I would better like to know a proper justification for why it isn't a worth of purchase anymore with some strong and solid points (like I said before).

simply because it is an outdated phone running on a platform that is getting second grade treatment from the manufacturer.

i admit that there is no android phone currently available in india with a similarly powerful camera (iPhone 4s probably has the second best camera in the market today and it is priced almost three times this phone).
i admit that android and iOS does not have free turn by turn voice navigation.

but for a typical smartphone buyer, there are many more things that are important. i do not recommend android to everyone. for someone looking for a smartphone for around 15K, i would recommend Lumia 710 today. simply because it is a modern phone that would get support for at least 2 years from the makers of the phone and the mobile platform.

I think everyone has a different meaning of the term 'Phone'. Someone using a i3/i5/i7 processor, 4GB ram with windows XP or even Vista , would we be saying he/she is retarded just because the old xp does the work and more user friendly to him/her? N8 has a slow processor/ram but it does well with symbian anna/belle. Outdated or getting a second treatment > ohh yes MS is thr 1st priority but is thr any downfall of fulfillment of requirements of the user having symbian phones?? Maybe i am an idiot if i am gonna buy N9 in march as its OS is outdated umm dead 😛 .In my view N8 is not outdated till we see some 12MP or even more phones out thr which can beat it, few are coming 😛leasantry:

This is something Valid point. In present days, It would be better buying newer models of Nokia than to buy a year old N8.

All in all, the hardware offered by Nokia is really good. But its just their arrogance, that they are not moving on to an environment, which holds lots of promise in the future. Nokia+Android can become a deadly combination.

let me correct you on that.

it comes with an app that offers offline and free turn by turn voice navigation.

you can get the same on your android phone by paying for an app. google navigation does not offer offline and voice support.

it is not a hardware feature. it is a software feature. on Nokia, it comes preloaded and for free. on android, you would have to pay for a third party app.
I don't quite agree with this comparison. While it is true that not everyone requires good battery backup, strong radio, and voice guided off line navigation, saying that it is 'available for a fee' defeats the entire purpose of the comparison. That is also probably the reason a device like the iPhone sells so much inspite of it being absolutely out of the box.

i just said that buying a n8 was a bad move today just because of the camera. buying their lumia device would be better. at least the 710 model because of its killer price tag. 😕 i mean if anyone asks me for a smartphone recommendation today, my suggestions? Around 15K? Nokia Lumia 710Around 20K? Samsung Galaxy RAround 25K? Samsung Galaxy S II (add a bit more!)Around 30K? Samsung Galaxy Note (add a bit more!)Sucks to be recommending so many Samsungs as I would personally not buy any of these devices. 😕

^ Agree with those first 2 options, more so with the second. I just hate how the 710 looks. The next two categories - I discourage people from spending so much on a device which would become outdated in less than a couple of months 😛 Unless of course it is a stupid iPhone

U like it or not, but that brand is the buzz around among people outside the net. Atleast among the budget phone buyers.

----------

^ Agree with those first 2 options, more so with the second. I just hate how the 710 looks. The next two categories - I discourage people from spending so much on a device which would become outdated in less than a couple of months 😛 Unless of course it is a stupid iPhone

My phone still isnt that old and it doesnt look like getting old in next few months, in terms of hardware and software too. 😛

I do not see Galaxy S II or Galaxy Tab becoming outdated in a matter of months. I think their hardware is good enough for at least another 2-3 years. Hell I am using Nexus S and even this phone would last me at least one more year easily. Of course I do not play games that require 1GB RAM and specific GPU. I think dual core phones of today are safe for a longer period compared to phones that came out 2 years ago. Android hardware has finally reached a stage where the hardware capabilities are enough to match the software thrown at it. Of course, Google needs to work on optimizing Android so that it does not require that many resources in the first place for generic tasks. I mean future versions of Android seriously cannot ask for more powerful hardware because that would literally kill the budget segment smartphone market for this OS. ICS itself is unlikely to see traction in the 10-15K segment. Google would eventually have to start working on support for lower end of the segment. Otherwise, they would end up with supporting two different genre of Android OS. 😕 This is pretty similar to how desktop computing because stable a couple of years ago. Core2Duo processors are still good enough for most people. It can still run Windows 7 just fine for majority of people. It is only the power users who go for the higher performance hardware. As for Samsung being popular. Well, good for them. I know at least 2-3 other power users who have pledged to stay away from Samsung Android devices just because of their sheer arrogance. They messed up Galaxy Nexus. They messed up with Galaxy S. And they of course are messing with Galaxy S II buyers in the Indian market.

U like it or not, but that brand is the buzz around among people outside the net. Atleast among the budget phone buyers.
Of course the iPhone is popular. It is a drug. I am not into it yet.

My phone still isnt that old and it doesnt look like getting old in next few months, in terms of hardware and software too. 😛
What exactly do you have?

Aah well it is a matter of time. Good thing is that like you said dual cores are safe for now. However, if one isn't into gaming, what exact benefit does a dual core provide that say a single core outdated phone of mine (DHD) can't? I have ported to ICS for the record, though this isn't something I believe a regular user would be keen on doing. Heck I offered to get this done from someone, he almost peed in his pants.