BSNL Broadband: Is it still necessary to reset modem at 0800 hours?

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,037

sankalpit

TataSky दुख-
ISP
BSNL Dataone
This is clearly a question for those of us who do not have unlimited connection. I am on BBG-FN-HOME-500-ANNUAL plan, and due to some error on BSNL side I still cannot login and check my usage at selfcare portal.

So, could someone please check their usage and tell me if it is still necessary to reset modem at 0200 and 0800 hours? I know that once in past BSNL software had become smart enough to not carry over free usage into bill, but later they reverted to older style and I got a huge bill.

What is the current status on restarting modem? Many thanks for helping me out.

As per latest reports, you need to restart the modem. The issue remains unfixed.

But on checking my usage records I can see that 2:00-8:00 usage is recording separately. I need not disconnect and reconnect neither at 2:00 a.m nor at 8:00.I think they have upgraded the system so that user action is not required, at least in my area.

Yes, I have seen screenshots of new selfcare portal as well. But just because there is a seperate table for night does not mean free usage is not being carried over in billed hours. If it is indeed being carried over, it will show in the billed usage table.I suppose it is best to be safe than sorry. I have been rebooting modem at those hours anyway, guess I'll continue with the habit.

Mine is old portal data.bsnl.in and showing the usage exact cutting the session at 2 and ending with 8.But it is better to check before discontinuing the habit of rebooting

No need to restart the Modem.But it is a Good practise to restart the Modem and start @ 2 or even 10-15 mins late. Then you are safe.Becoz, these BSNL guys will not answer you properly If somethings happens.