Planning to buy photon plus, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehrotra.akash

Regular
ISP
I-ON(Dvois)/Airtel+IPTV/Photon+
1)am planning to go for the 2hrs daytime+3Hrs night plan for 950, are the speeds in the night less than daytime??2)Can we shift from postpaid to prepaid and if so what will the cost and procedure be?3)Is there any specific modem I should ask for so that I can use it in Ubuntu as well as windows.4)If I shutdown my computer without disconnecting the modem, will I continue to be charged5)Is it possible to check the usage online during the month?

Dear Akash Mehrotra, Tata Photon offers high speed in both the daytime as well as in nighttime. You can easily shift from postpaid to prepaid within maximum 3 days timeline and for that you have to visit to your nearest Tata Indicom Gallery. For accessing Tata Photon USB Modem in Ubuntu and for your other queries related to shutting dowm of your comp without disconnecting the modem and checking usage through online during the month please visit to your nearest Tata Indicom Gallery..Thanks & Regards, Customer CareTata Photon

Hello Lake,

You can check the prepaid usage. I found this procedure very cumbersome.

1. Goto Tata Photon move your cursor over "My Account" on the right bottom.
You will see a place to enter your photon number and password.
Hit "new user" and register yourself.
Once this is done (it takes time, if you have observed the messages on forum, there are many who had problem registering ;-( )
After successfully registering, come here again and login.

2. Once you login, you can either chose: telephone setup -> Prepaid details (which shows last 10 calls)
or "click here to see usage details"

3. If you click the first option above, telephone setup -> Prepaid details , this is what you will see:

4. If you chose the second option in step 2, a pop up browser window comes up.
you have to click "Usage Details" on the left margin,
bear with the poor user interface, select two dates and then hit submit button and pray.
After a lengthy delay (it depends on what is the date range, from 1-aug-2010 to 22-aug-2010 it took me about 30 seconds)
you will see something like this:

How do you interpret this?
I bet even a Tata indicom representative has no clue.
They think it is a rocket science to convert it to human readable form.
The programmers at TCS have not gone to a math class i guess.

Hollappa, Is it true that Unlimited Plans doesn't show the Usage details.I have taken an 950 Unlimited plan but in my Account they have never mentioned 'Unlimited'. They mentioned only '5GB capping plan' and also provided Rs.2500/- CreditLimit. I have contacted Cutomer care people and they assured me its a unlimited plan. Have to wait and see for my first bill.

I have 950 Unlimited plan for Tata Photon Plus. How could I know that I have crossed the limit of 5GB? Is there any kind of remainder? How could I check that form tata indicom site using the account no or mobile no?

Having used photon for a few months now, the only way I come to know about remaining balance is to "pray" that tata sends SMSes.SMS is the only one which tells the balance in a straightforward way.This is what happened to me.When I did not use the photon at all say for two days, they send atleast 5-7 SMSes a day.And when I was using it continuously to finish off the remaining balance at the end of the month,I never got SMSes for a week.Then when I recharged for 10GB, I got only 6+GB.I complained, they said technical problem,then they took about 65 days to rectify the problem.

Is there any way i can get my device money back?? I dont want to continue the service. I used it for 10 days and i came to know its waste of time and money.

Money Back?I dont think so.I tried to get back my money after struggling for a week to get it to run on Windows 7 64 bit.Support engineer had no clue.Finally i had to downgrade my machine to vista to get it to work.One option you can think of is to resell it to some other Guinea pig at probably half the rate.Then there may be some small print somewhere on the application you signed saying photon is not transferable.The buyer may not get support from tata.That is not your problem, but however, if the buyer uses it for some terrorist activity, you are screwed.

I tried to get back my money after struggling for a week to get it to run on Windows 7 64 bit.
Support engineer had no clue.
Finally i had to downgrade my machine to vista to get it to work.

I am using Photon+ in Windows 7 64bit...& had the same problem of device driver not getting installed....it OS problem
so i formatted my System...& it worked....

ptch ptch....OS Problem!??You should sue the company that sells the stupid OS!How can they afford to sell an OS without testing whether it works with the one-and-only great superfast faultless lightening mobile brOAdband TATA Photon Plus ?🙂-- Holla.

Why would Tata Photon's sales reps populate here? I wonder whether they would be happy to extend you the service once you start facing any problems with it. Would these guys be so "happy to serve" you? Do you provide Service Level Agreements dudes?Edit: Mod why not ban them and kick them where it "hurts" 🙂 Gee. Just wondering. Oh well. I just saw that their product does not work with Windows 7? Poof. Poor drivers? Can't code? Can't hire someone to code? Or can't you make something better guys??

Status
Not open for further replies.