Tata Photon+ shameful customer care/service (or lack of it!!!)

• Thread starter Thread starter addhokte
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,544
Status
Not open for further replies.

addhokte

ISP
Photon+
Another classic from Tata tel....I received a phone from 04066570560 (probably from tata customer care, guy called Muktar). As usual, there was complete inability to understand the issue and I could not understand why they cannot access the ref complaint as mentioned below, which clearly explains what the issue is. Anyway, after explaining once again (I have now done it at least 15 times to various Tata personnel!!!), I got the 5th version of the answer to my question....My question is, what is the validity of the photon+ pre paid connection and do I need to recharge it with any minimum amount within a certain maximum validity period to keep it alive....I have so far got following responses, all from Tata personnel: 1. Top up Rs 10/20 every 6 months (I got this from the retail outlet where I bought the connection). 2. The connection is lifetime and no need to do anything....just recharge it with the required plan whenever you want to use it. The connection will be live even for a period of one year if I don't use it...(this I got from a guy called Rahul in call center. 3. I have to recharge it with a minimum of Rs 200 every 3 months (from one of the call center person). 4. Minimum recharge of Rs 200 required every 6 months and it cannot be done online (later I found that recharge can be done online). I got this response from Mr. Samit Joshi (9225525701), a senior Tata executive in Pune. 5. The recent one from Mr. Muktar, that there is a grace period of 90 days after the last day of usage (as per recharge voucher validity), within which I have to do a minimum recharge (what value???). If I don't, the connection will go dead!!!!!! If Tata organization looks at the above responses themselves, they should realize what and how are they dealing with their customers. It is shameful to cheat customers by charging so heavily and not providing correct information on top of that. I am glad to have raised this with DOT and provided all these details. Hopefully the senior personnel in Tata will wake up and see to what low levels there organization has fallen to.......by the way the phone call from Tata got disconnected and so far I haven't received any further call with any clarification...I wonder if anyone in Tata really knows their own product specification/details???????? or they are just happy cheating customers by hooking them to buy their hopeless service.......

Tata people & BSNL people, both of them don't know anything about their company's plans, conditions, offers etc. 😡 While visiting their shop/office we should study them about their company's offers, plans and rules to avail the same:evil:

Hi addhokte, We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly provide us your Tata Photon details and your contact number so that we can get in touch with you. Sincerely, Tata Photon

Another classic from Tata tel....I received a phone from 04066570560 (probably from tata customer care, guy called Muktar). As usual, there was complete inability to understand the issue and I could not understand why they cannot access the ref complaint as mentioned below, which clearly explains what the issue is. Anyway, after explaining once again (I have now done it at least 15 times to various Tata personnel!!!), I got the 5th version of the answer to my question....My question is, what is the validity of the photon+ pre paid connection and do I need to recharge it with any minimum amount within a certain maximum validity period to keep it alive....I have so far got following responses, all from Tata personnel:

1. Top up Rs 10/20 every 6 months (I got this from the retail outlet where I bought the connection).

2. The connection is lifetime and no need to do anything....just recharge it with the required plan whenever you want to use it. The connection will be live even for a period of one year if I don't use it...(this I got from a guy called Rahul in call center.

3. I have to recharge it with a minimum of Rs 200 every 3 months (from one of the call center person).

4. Minimum recharge of Rs 200 required every 6 months and it cannot be done online (later I found that recharge can be done online). I got this response from Mr. Samit Joshi (9225525701), a senior Tata executive in Pune.

5. The recent one from Mr. Muktar, that there is a grace period of 90 days after the last day of usage (as per recharge voucher validity), within which I have to do a minimum recharge (what value???). If I don't, the connection will go dead!!!!!!

If Tata organization looks at the above responses themselves, they should realize what and how are they dealing with their customers. It is shameful to cheat customers by charging so heavily and not providing correct information on top of that. I am glad to have raised this with DOT and provided all these details. Hopefully the senior personnel in Tata will wake up and see to what low levels there organization has fallen to.......by the way the phone call from Tata got disconnected and so far I haven't received any further call with any clarification...I wonder if anyone in Tata really knows their own product specification/details???????? or they are just happy cheating customers by hooking them to buy their hopeless service.......

Dear Mr.Atul
Greetings from Tata Indicom!

As per your discussion with our executive Mr.Mukthar on your alternate contact number 940518****, we hope, your queries have been clarified to your satisfaction.

Further, we wish to inform you that your suggestions are being shared with concerned department.

We value the relationship built with you and trust that one odd, unfortunate incident will not come in the way of this association. May we reiterate that we share your anguish and have taken adequate action to ensure the non-occurrence of the same in future.

We appreciate your valuable subscription with Tata Indicom and it has always been our constant endeavor to serve you better.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

Dear Tata Indicom representative,

Do you intend to keep this policy secret and surprise your customers or do you have any plans to disclose your policy regarding the recharge to other customers? Or do you like to keep it different for different customers?

Dear Mr.Atul

As per your discussion with our executive Mr.Mukthar on your alternate contact number 940518****, we hope, your queries have been clarified to your satisfaction.

Further, we wish to inform you that your suggestions are being shared with concerned department.

We value the relationship built with you and trust that one odd, unfortunate incident will not come in the way of this association. May we reiterate that we share your anguish and have taken adequate action to ensure the non-occurrence of the same in future.

We appreciate your valuable subscription with Tata Indicom and it has always been our constant endeavor to serve you better.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

Hi All,I was very hesitant to post my issue in this forum but Tata Photon+ customer service left me no choice. Tata Photon+ customer service turns out to be having reprehensible characteristics - no commitment, poor technical competency and shamelessness to repeatedly say sorry. I was using Tata Photon Plus post paid connection from December 2009 and I made switch to Prepaid in July 2010 as my usage got limited to travel.I raised a connection issue on 17 Aug 2010 and a complaint was registered against it. I got the error message while connecting "PPP link control protocol was terminated" and it doesnt connect to Internet. Later I got a callback and they recommended few steps which didnt work for me. After subsequent followup calls they asked me to visit a Tata Indicom Hub but they were clueless about what should be done and raised a case from their side on 24th Aug 2010. From then on it was a grueling campaign; I was a frequent caller to Tata Indicom Photon Customer Care centre as well as visited almost all Tata Indicom centres in Cochin without any progress on this issue. The sad part which really pissed me off was they never fulfilled any of their deadlines. I remember fews names like Jagan, Azad, Nimesh, Abdul etc. who made commitments to fix it by so and so date but nothing happened. And couple of days back I figured out that I am able to connect when I change the Network Settings to "1x mode only" though it is very slow. I visited Tata customer care centre and informed the same but they still sounded clueless as ever and raised another case.Today 15th Sep 2010, its almost 4 weeks, every time I call its the same old story, I feel miserable for being a Tata Photon+ customer. I would like to warn anyone who is considering Tata Photon+ prepaid; Beware you are on your own!!! Dear Forum users, please let me know how we can deal with such services whose office danglings say "Performance Guaranteed" and displays lot of customer commitments. Like they will do a call back if you wait on call for more than few mins; for me that few mins didnt come even after 25mins of wait today. So no thing is guaranteed except their "Hello" and abject "Sorry". In the end you will feel like "Hell" and "Sorry".ThanksAsifTata Photon+ Number: 9288099603

Hi All,

I was very hesitant to post my issue in this forum but Tata Photon+ customer service left me no choice. Tata Photon+ customer service turns out to be having reprehensible characteristics - no commitment, poor technical competency and shamelessness to repeatedly say sorry. I was using Tata Photon Plus post paid connection from December 2009 and I made switch to Prepaid in July 2010 as my usage got limited to travel.

I raised a connection issue on 17 Aug 2010 and a complaint was registered against it. I got the error message while connecting "PPP link control protocol was terminated" and it doesnt connect to Internet. Later I got a callback and they recommended few steps which didnt work for me. After subsequent followup calls they asked me to visit a Tata Indicom Hub but they were clueless about what should be done and raised a case from their side on 24th Aug 2010. From then on it was a grueling campaign; I was a frequent caller to Tata Indicom Photon Customer Care centre as well as visited almost all Tata Indicom centres in Cochin without any progress on this issue. The sad part which really pissed me off was they never fulfilled any of their deadlines. I remember fews names like Jagan, Azad, Nimesh, Abdul etc. who made commitments to fix it by so and so date but nothing happened. And couple of days back I figured out that I am able to connect when I change the Network Settings to "1x mode only" though it is very slow. I visited Tata customer care centre and informed the same but they still sounded clueless as ever and raised another case.

Today 15th Sep 2010, its almost 4 weeks, every time I call its the same old story, I feel miserable for being a Tata Photon+ customer. I would like to warn anyone who is considering Tata Photon+ prepaid; Beware you are on your own!!!

Dear Forum users, please let me know how we can deal with such services whose office danglings say "Performance Guaranteed" and displays lot of customer commitments. Like they will do a call back if you wait on call for more than few mins; for me that few mins didnt come even after 25mins of wait today. So no thing is guaranteed except their "Hello" and abject "Sorry". In the end you will feel like "Hell" and "Sorry".

Thanks
Asif
Tata Photon+ Number: 9288099603

Soon You will get a reply like the one below from Tat Indicom Customer Care.
And may more on the lines of sorry for the delay in ... Sorry for the inconvenience....
Other than these replies in this forum, I guarantee, nothing else will happen.
When I bought the photon, Tata Indicom was not able to get it to work for a week's time. Later I only got it to work. In my case, I wanted to get it to work on 64 Bit Windows 7. Finally I had to downgrade my pc to Vista to get it to work.

Typical Tata Indicom Reply:

Dear Mr. Asif

We regret for the delay in responding to you.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that your complaint has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

Only thing I dont want to hear from them is Sorry. How can they expect Customers to tolerate their endless apologies without any actions. I dont think they are fit to be service business until they correct this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.