Unbelievable - Bsnl Wimax 2mbps Unlimited at 999

sabariselvam

ISP
Bsnl UL 750
Just check this out

Saw THis today...😛leasehelp: @mbps Unlimited for 999 one of my friend got this plan...
and he is getting 2.2 mbps... couldnt believe it when i saw this ... hope i am gonna change from my 750ul (512k) to wimax....

And its this tariff is only available in kerala ie .. 2mbps Unlimited for 999:thumb:

well the package states it is UP TO 2mbps. 😀

SEE THIS

Litterally every bsnl plan comes with upto 2mbps tag... doesnt mean that u cant get 2mbps... my friend near my house got this connection ... and he is getting 2.2 mbps download but very poor upload speeds.... i will see whether i can post the speedtest.net link in a few hours.... 🙂

SEE THIS

Litterally every bsnl plan comes with upto 2mbps tag... doesnt mean that u cant get 2mbps... my friend near my house got this connection ... and he is getting 2.2 mbps download but very poor upload speeds.... i will see whether i can post the speedtest.net link in a few hours.... 🙂

but the service is also new,when more users hop one then your fiends won't get the high speeds.it will be like the wired BSNL connection only

Where is the official link? I don't see such a tariff plan on the official BSNL website. 😕

i also confirmed this today. i am from kerala. its true. but the speed is from 512kbps upto 2mbps. they said 512kbps is guranteed. u willl get high speed according to several things. ok may be get that speed. the price of the device purchase is 5000rs. if for rent 2000rs deposit. and 40rs/month for device rental. so net amount around 1100rs+ (inc tax)/month.
if atleast get 1mbps. its a good deal.

and the sad part is now EVDO not available. evdo will be back after they increase the rental UL to 999rs.

can any one say the actual upload speed of wimax?

Well...I am currently posting from WiMaX connection (in Kozhikode)...and its really good. Getting around 2.2Mbps. But I think I must be one of the few subscribers in this areas. I live within 2 KMs of the base station so had to get an Outdoor CPE. But the signal strengths (can be seen in CPE admin interface) are steady.The good news is the SDE told me they are going to reduce the plan charges from 999 to 750. Now that would make it on par with wired BB (unlimited plan). Folks living nearer to the tower (

dear gtm , can we wifi wimax modem

Yes you can. There are three types of CPE (customer premises equipment) - USB type (lokks like a pen drive), Indoor CPE (looks like modem/router) and Outdoor CPE (Like a small letterbox). The Indoor CPE is of two types - Wired LAN and WiFi enabled.

I preferred WiFi enabled Indoor CPE but it was not available (and signal strength was loww too). So I got the outdoor CPE and connected the LAN cable to my Type II ADSL modem (with WiFi) and currently am using through WiFi.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Just remember to disable the DHCP server running in your ADSL modem and change its IP address to something like 192.168.1.2 (the outdoor CPE has already got the DHCP server enabled and has the IP - 192.168.1.1)

Is per bsnl wimax tarrif page, 999 plan has only 512kbps

:: BSNL WiMax ::

is this upto 2mbps speed applicable for all circles ? also whats the upload speed in wimax plans ?

I think those are old rates. Please see here for tariffs in Kerala :

BSNL Wimax

Seems they still haven't revised tariff for limited home plans. (Unlimited and limted both have same tariff :huh🙂

At full speeds I am getting around 2.2 to 2.4 Mbps (uTorrent). Upload speed through speedtest shows around .8 Mbps.v😀

I also own the BSNL WIMAX in kerala 999 plan. getting 2mbps+ download speed and 200-300kbps upload speed.some times it disconnects and reconnects. so for free download of more than 300mb file with out resume option its tuff. other wise its a good deal