More more more problems with sify

• Thread starter Thread starter gauravtyagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 11,858
Yeah what you are saying is pretty much it.Do another thing, go to the Sify Broadband folder on your computer and open the file debug.log. Look for the words "HBS Enable" in it and check whether it says "HBS Enable=Y" or "HBS Enable=N", the former meaning that your Heartbeat is still enabled and the latter meaning that it's been turned off 🙂Another thing. Which version of Sify's official client are you using? Are you using the upgraded version 2.6 or using the version 2.52?

This is the last night's log .... see if u can infer anything from it ...

0Login successful428.23AXDU2005-02-08 00:12:232005-01-25 21:45:57[URL="http://www.sify.com/bbhome/

Your heartbeat has been disabled as Sify Cust Care says which is indicated by this line in your log--January 25, 2005 21 53 37 HeartBeat not enabled[/b]

I don't see anything unusual in your logs. Therefore I believe your problem has to do with Sify acting like a jerk whenever you download on it.

To confirm this please post your session details too.

Infact all of us who face the same problem as gauravtyagi, of our internet stopping working even when we are logged on till we manually logout and login again, should paste our session details here.

I'm hoping it would bring into notice some pattern.

hmm .. i think if a logout and login cycle is implemented in either SUPERSIFY or EASYSIFY .... It would be great....say after every hour it automatically logs u in and out .... it would be great then .... i have already requested bhaskar for such a feature ..... i will be requsting the same from the author of supersify soon ..... I will be posting the session details soon

Yeah. It can be there as an option on the clients to be turned on when you are downloading something.That way if we are doing some activity on the net that requires continuous connectivity, for eg. chatting, then we can do it without activating this option.

hmm .. if we are chatting on yahoo for example and the client logs out and then again logs in.. then wouldn't it disrupt the messenger?? i have always found that whenever i have to login again.. when sify stops working.. i have to relogin to my messengerand i can confirm that this problem does not happen only when you are downloading something.. it happens quite randomly.. and i am using the night pack.. so it is not limited to the other packs either.. 🙁 p.s. how can i use the old dialer.. the dialer auto uypdates to the new one..

Any particular reason you want to use the old dialer?I am resisting Sify's attempts to download the new dialer too by denying the program Upgrade.exe access to the internet from my firewall. But I'm doing this because firstly the download seems to go on forever for me and secondly even when I waited one time for it to download fully, it wasn't successful and reported that I needed to reinstall my Internet Explorer :-|.

or some reason i am unable to log on to sify for some hours now .... am on dialup now ... Yes the Login or Logout can come with an option on when u want to activate it ..... u can turn this off when chatting ... Also inetbum i noticed i have the old sify client 2.52 .... Tell me how do i download a new one ..... Also i am unable to post my session details as i am unable to log on for some unknown reason ..... Waiting quite eagerly for easysify 1.1 .... lets give some more time to bhaskar ... he is working hard for us isnt he...?

nah.. ii don't want the old client.. i was just replying to someone who asked gaurav which version of the client he had..gaurav.. to download the client.. open sify.com without loggin in and click on the download link that opens up 🙂

The logout/login routine is because they seem to have put a limit of 10mb per session! As soon as download +upload exceeds 10mb, it stops working and you have to initiate another session.Just FYI. Check you session logs for the last few times you had to logout to make it work and you will notice this pattern!

I think this 10 mb thing is true ..... this is precisely what is happening .... withing half hour during the night the net gets disconnected .... I agree with inetbum we should all post our session details here and compare them .... I cant do that now as my net is down dont know why :blink: .... still on dialup 🙁 .... lets see what we can find with all the ppl's session details ..... if there is an anomaly ...we should e-mail it to ankur raheja ... by the way has bhaskar put the new version out yet ???

As a safety measure please remove your Sify username from the session details if you choose to post them.