Tata Indicom - Internet 'downTime' For....

• Thread starter Thread starter sarahpinto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,814
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahpinto

...... 18 DAYS :angry:

Yup....You read it right. I am a Tata Indicom Broadband user for the past 3 years here in Bangalore. I am on Infinity 256 and recently I got a bitter dose of their DOWN TIME.

1) On the morning of June 30 i saw that the Net was down.
AND
2) The connection got restored on July 18 at 4.40 pm. :angry:
18 FULL DAYS for restoring the connection!!!

During these days I made around 25 to 30 calls, out of which only 5 or 6 got through. The rest of the time either I got an Engaged sound or a voice saying ' Executives are STILL busy' :angry:

The times I got connected, I got the response like ' Server is down....some back end problem.....they are working on it'.
A Complaint No....A Nice Apology.....A 'Have a Nice Day' to finish it off.....

Now I am wondering whether I will get a Full month's bill or Will they consider the 18 day DOWN TIME...

Whatever, I am going for some other ISP..Fed up with TIB.

I ALSO HAVE NOTICED...That ever since I shifted to Infinity 256 ( from Jan 2006 ) the Down Time has been heavy..This Latest one - being the Worst!....Previously, I was on 2GB plan...though the Down Time was there..Not heavy...Just a couple of hours in a Month....

My husband's friend who owns a Cyber was totally ruined ( as he also stays in the same area)..The embarassing part is It was OURSELVES who referred him - Tata Indicom!!!

Well, can you tell which area are you in bangalore. I stay in RT Nagar and my experience with TataIndicom has been terrible. All the calls made resulted in heavy mobile bill costing more than the internet charges!

tsk tsk...TATA is spoiling its name and reputation with such poor services. Besides, businesses like cybers generally have SLAs done with the company which are penalized heavily for downtime. And _generally_ cybers have redundant lines. Anyway, thats besides the point. My internet was also down for 18-20 days. I'm using powersurfer. They were going to compensate me for it. I'll applied or it but I dunno. Do write to the higher ups regarding this. Also dont hesitate to CC it to Ratan Tata himself. He should know how these subordinates are spoiling his name 🙁

in calcutta it was same problem. when i asked them they said they were upgrading thier network and after ungradation some security problem came up so they were sloving the problem. i had applied for a new connection on 18/06/06 but i just got my connection yesterday. till now its working fine with me.. have just tested torrent and it works well but dont know if i will get full speed or not. leaving for hyderabad in 30 min. will take 10 days to come back. so i guess i will have to wait some time to find out hows the connectionthanks

Just as we are deciding on changing our ISP....We got another down time yesterday :angry: ...From morning 9 to 5.30 pm....Looks like the Tata guys are giving a boost to our plan of changing the ISP... 😛

Today I saw our bill for the last month....BIG SURPRISE....They have billed only for 10 days i.e they have considered those 'down times'...we got a bill of 400 + S.T

thats why i changed me connection from postpaid to prepaid that way i had to suffer little loss but now im much happier after changing my connection in kolkata.

Status
Not open for further replies.