Mtnl's Bb Gm Has Agreed 4 A New Unlimited Triband Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter giriz1977
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 150
  • Views Views 26,983

giriz1977

I had requested such a plan from the MTNL BB GM Mr. Peeyush Agarwal last month. However, he had said then that he needs to check port binding features before he launches such a new scheme. A couple of days ago I sent him the request again.......and guess what he agreed to start such new plan for mumbai users. I spoke to the GM's assistant who confirmed that they are finalising the plan details

dats great news!! i'd immediately switch over!Edit: Whats his e-mail? even i'd sent one accross.

QUOTE(chicmagnet @ Jul 18 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]56038[/snapback]
ya great news!!!! yipppe!!!! hope they dont keep finalising it for the rest of the year though!
[/b]
Well, I had a talk with the Broadband DGM today afternoon, he said that the plan would be finalised in a couple of days and then it will need an approval from his higher-ups and that would take about a week or so. Therefore we are looking at around 10-14 days before a press release.

QUOTE(Anand_Sharma @ Jul 18 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]56040[/snapback]
hope u r not yapping if its really true n thy come wit such plan thn mtnl gonna kick all other ISPs
[/b]

Stop hoping because im not yapping

QUOTE(muttster` @ Jul 18 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]56028[/snapback]
dats great news!! i'd immediately switch over!
Edit: Whats his e-mail? even i'd sent one accross.
[/b]

This is a copy of the mail frm the GM

Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:55:53 +0500
From: gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Request to introduce broadband service with unlimited hours and unlimited download/upload for MTNL mumbai
To: "Vishwanathan S" , "Pandey DGM(BB)"

Mr.Pande,
Pl put up unlimited plan for residential/commercial usage as
discussed.Since we are able to do port binding,we may implement in a
way
so as to avoid misuse without assigning fixed IP.

Peeyush.

----- Original Message -----
Date: Sunday, July 16, 2006 5:13 pm
Subject: Request to introduce broadband service with unlimited hours
and
unlimited download/upload for MTNL mumbai

> Dated 16th july 2006
>
> Subject: Request to introduce broadband service with
> unlimited hours and unlimited download/upload for MTNL
> mumbai
>
> Respected Sir,
>
> With effect from 1-5-2006 BSNL has launched a scheme
> for broadband customers which allows unlimted hours
> usage and unlimited data download/upload transfer. The
> details for the plan can be found at the
> following link
>
> http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=296
>
> But this scheme is for BSNL subscribers and no such
> schemes exist for MTNL mumbai subscribers.
>
> As an MTNL customer in Mumbai it would be immensely
> helpful for me and for thousands of other triband
> users of MTNL if you launch a similar scheme which
> allows unlimited download/upload, on a 24/7 basis for
> triband customers
>
> Awaiting a reply.
>
> Vishwanath S

Unlimited scheme is ok it was about to arrive this year or the other with the IPTV .YOU are the guy who keeps mailing about the Enabling portbinding and misuse of BB account.NO offence Keep emailing ....hehe 😛I would rather prefer sify unlimited scheme, Atleast it offers LAN. I know the crap they limit the upload to 6.4KBps .Trust me on p2p i upload at 3 and download at 24 with little tweaks!

RD 350, i hope you're not joking. if such a plan is actually launched in the next 10-14 days within a range of Rs.900-1000 then I'll give you a party. If not then I'll hunt you down and torcher you! 😛 (j/k). Please please let it be true. I am just sick and tired of calling Airtel! 🙁

QUOTE(max @ Jul 18 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]56086[/snapback]
RD 350, i hope you're not joking. if such a plan is actually launched in the next 10-14 days within a range of Rs.900-1000 then I'll give you a party. If not then I'll hunt you down and torcher you! 😛 (j/k). Please please let it be true. I am just sick and tired of calling Airtel! 🙁
[/b]
No jokes. I can back up my claim with a copy of an email from the GM. Prices for a similar scheme in Delhi was Rs 1300 + taxes. So it would be wise to reckon that it may cost as much or more in mumbai. Dont expect 900-1000 range prices. And well, I wouldnt really like a party if this scheme launches owing to my efforts....instead....wat about financing the new triband account for me for one month? 🙂

QUOTE(baudhayan @ Jul 18 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]56101[/snapback]
I guess this plan wud b an Independence Day gift. 🙂
[/b]
That is a very strong possiility.

QUOTE(Wolvervine @ Jul 18 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]56055[/snapback]
Unlimited scheme is ok it was about to arrive this year or the other with the IPTV .

YOU are the guy who keeps mailing about the Enabling portbinding and misuse of BB account.

NO offence Keep emailing ....hehe 😛

I would rather prefer sify unlimited scheme, Atleast it offers LAN. I know the crap they limit the upload to 6.4KBps .Trust me on p2p i upload at 3 and download at 24 with little tweaks!
[/b]
Mistaken identity, pal. 😛

hope they introduce such a plan where we don't have to pay the rent on the telephone, most of us don't use the phone for calls as such so like bsnl they shud also think about that.hmm anythin around 600-700 would be really good....hmm others might follow.but thats a wishful thinkin i know.

I had started a similar thread back in October for MTNL unlimited plans in Delhi. I had spoken to the GM, Broadband directly and even he gave me similar assurances.... "I've already sent the proposal and now it's pending approval from the directors which shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks. Monthly charge would be somewhere between Rs. 900-1000"...a month passed so i called him on his cell and he tells me that he has been transferred so he wouldn't know anythin abt it 😛 Anywho...it took them 6 months to come out with the unlimited plan and that too at 1400 bucks a month....weehoo! So, even if they announce the plan as promised, don't expect the rates to be too competitive unless both the Delhi and Mumbai branches agree to drastically alter their pricing strategy.

yes, i remember, waterloo led us on a wild goose chase 😛 Poor chap was embarrased at the end but then these sarkari telcos are like that..no single single person can take any step..files have to move through many tables..clear lot of objections..brave a lot of official holidays..lunchtimes..deaths of chacha's, taaya's etc before any concrete thing happens.Sit back guys and relax believe it when u see it.