Apple macOS

The Maruti works just fine at $6000 dollars and the Reva also. We have no such options.

I have lived in a metro city all my life. And I can assure you that car is a necessity here in India. and a small car does not work out. because a lot of families still live together. so if you have enough money, you would end up buying a big enough MUV or multiple cars to accommodate all the people in the family. my dad could not afford a car. we lived without one for most of our lives. but we had four cars at one point of time. because they all were needed. now we have three. and all of these three are 'needed'. public transport just does not work out because of the messy last mile connectivity. public transport is a mess due to excessive population. ever tried traveling in a bus in mumbai or delhi? ever tried dealing with an autorickshaw wala? you would feel the need to own a personal transport.

metro is perhaps the only saving grace in delhi. but it is already suffering due to excessive loads on the busy routes. the government is working on infrastructure that fails to handle the load of current population levels. in 10 years time... it is going to be messier.

tata nano has been hailed as the car for the common man. sadly... we do not have the roads to accomodate too many Nanos on our roads. but no one is stopping tata from selling it and no one is stopping the common man for buying it. reality is... using public transport is often a necessity because you cannot afford a personal vehicle.

i still remember that day when i was stuck in a state owned bus on a 20 KM journey which took 2.5 hours because of the traffic. it was at the peak of summers. i told myself that day... no matter what i have to do... i have to get myself a bike so that i never have to end up in a similar situation again. i can think about traveling around in a metro... but state government owned buses? no thanks. and i am from a typical middle class family.

you have the population, manpower, and necessary density for every home in every major city to be connected by fiber.

we also have poverty, illiteracy, corruption... broadband is not a necessity when you do not have access to clean drinking water or even food.

the fact remains... india is surviving with all the insanities it has. i am not sure a typical american can do the same if he is put in our situation. 🙂

My only point being- It is not those who pay 60 for healthcare that are looking to buy macbooks.
Let me try and explain this- India has a huge income gap
10% earn alot more than 90%
Now overall the figures are low because 90% outwieghs the 10%
But These 10% amount to alot of people and they are the ones looking to buy.
The Buying power they have is immense.
and how does it matter who did what and who paid for what?
with globalization, everyone is dependent on everyone
USA can afford low prices because of countries like India and China.
But thats not the point.
we live in one world that is so closely connected.
If there is one thing I can say. Living in India kicks Americas ass.
Where else can you live like a King?
And that is the ultimate point.
Not to mention- India is a happier country Than the US of A
and that is even more important

When it comes to whose done what-
USA has been free for 200 odd years(I may be wrong on the number) and India 60.
At the end of the day india is far better equipped and developed than those nation that share its history.

Well. Really nothing in your last post that I disagree with. But you really have not explained the lack of creativity or developments. The Chinese are trying to make their own things...they will kick out the foreigners once they have learned everything they want to learn. You mention macbooks? Where is the Indian version? India is big enough, has the manpower, the brains...Shouldn't India be a major player that can make low cost computers rather than depend on overpriced macbooks?

Linus Torvalds did not sit around and worry about Windows or Mac..and we see the small but noticeable impact of Linux.

i would generally talk about brain drain here. but that is an excuse used very often in these kinds of discussions. a typical engineer or an MBA in india is more concerned about making a living. changing the world is often not part of the to-do list. most of these smart people come from fairly poor background. and they tend to play it safe and take regular well paying jobs. the smarter ones with better resources tend to move out. india is a bad example here anyways. i have already admitted that we suck at looking at the future. the corruption that is part of our culture means that we are going to remain a developing country for a long long time. china on the other hand is doing it all right. they developed their own 3G standard. they are also working on their own microprocessor technology. they are also working on a new generation of engineers who would be comfortable with the english language. in around 5-10 years time... india would probably lose the advantage of being a cheap alternative for outsourcing. china already has the hardware manufacturing... they would soon take on the software side and support as well. usa would continue to remain dependent upon china and india would probably be crying over spilled milk 🙂i am a pessimist when i look at the future of india. what is your opinion about where usa would be in 10 years time?

i would generally talk about brain drain here. but that is an excuse used very often in these kinds of discussions.

a typical engineer or an MBA in india is more concerned about making a living. changing the world is often not part of the to-do list.

most of these smart people come from fairly poor background. and they tend to play it safe and take regular well paying jobs.

the smarter ones with better resources tend to move out.

india is a bad example here anyways. i have already admitted that we suck at looking at the future. the corruption that is part of our culture means that we are going to remain a developing country for a long long time.

china on the other hand is doing it all right. they developed their own 3G standard. they are also working on their own microprocessor technology. they are also working on a new generation of engineers who would be comfortable with the english language.

in around 5-10 years time... india would probably lose the advantage of being a cheap alternative for outsourcing. china already has the hardware manufacturing... they would soon take on the software side and support as well.

usa would continue to remain dependent upon china and india would probably be crying over spilled milk 🙂

i am a pessimist when i look at the future of india. what is your opinion about where usa would be in 10 years time?

I do agree with you that brain drain is not the problem for India. The cream of the crop Indian brains for the most part are in India. The government of India won't let go of certain people. I think there maybe 40 million people of Indian origin outside of India which is just a tiny fraction of the motherland. NRIs have done well as in making money but it doesn't mean we are a group of people who if we were still in India would be developing and creating new technologies and making India a better place to live in.

I would remain pessimistic about India because infrastructure (roads, energy, telecommunications) are critical to any major economy and for whatever reason India is not making the kind of progress China has which is necessary. China is surrounding India in its own neighborhood through its relations with Pakistan, Sri Lanka and even now Nepal with the Maoists in charge over there.

The USA. Well. The unemployment is a real concern. 10% officially but that only takes into account people who are collecting unemployment benefits. The actual total is over 20% which takes into account people who are not eligible for unemployment benefits as well as people who are "discouraged" and have given up their job search.

No jobs means no money to spend and 70% of the US economy is due to consumption. There has to be a manufacturing base but that means higher prices for goods and nobody wants that. They bash China but run to the store to purchase products which are manufactured there. The higher income groups are never going to complain about the arrangement. It is the middle and lower income groups that get screwed since they are more likely to be in manufacturing.

You are correct. China is in a very powerful position and the United States has pretty much accepted that reality.

The speed I get on my mac is pathetic. In the speed test, the speed comes to maximum of 0.3 Mbps as opposed to more than 1 Mbps for my PC.Anyone else facing this issue?

I have downloaded MAC OS, its about 7 GB, when i extract it using iso software it shows ony 950MB of data. I am also not able to write directly to DVD from this dmg image. Why iso software shows only 950 MB instead of 7GB:ishock:

I have downloaded MAC OS, its about 7 GB, when i extract it using iso software it shows ony 950MB of data. I am also not able to write directly to DVD from this dmg image. Why iso software shows only 950 MB instead of 7GB:ishock:

First of all, hope you know that Mac OS cannot be installed in a PC. There are modified version of the OS available in the internet which may work on your PC (called Hackintosh). But you will have to try different installation strings. The one i use is called Hazard Leopard and it took me a hell of a time to get it working on my PC.

So, please specify which version you downloaded. If you have downloaded the untouched version of it, then hard luck. If you have downloaded the Hackintosh version, you may convert the DMG file to ISO using a freeware called DMG2ISO, then burn it using Nero or any other DVD burning software.

"Mac OS X Install DVD" This is the name of the file, then how can i differentiate... ? 🙁

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I try to convert it to iso, but after convert to iso the file size is still 950 MB only. Original size is 7 GB.

"Mac OS X Install DVD" This is the name of the file, then how can i differentiate... ? 🙁

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I try to convert it to iso, but after convert to iso the file size is still 950 MB only. Original size is 7 GB.

You mostly have the untouched version. Don't waste a dvd, it won't work. The modified versions are available in iso format itself.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Hey friends, MAc Os will never work on a PC. If it does so with a crack or any kinda hack it wont work smoothly and it wont be the best way of experiencing Mac OS. It 1st wont work smooth there will be some hatchets .2nd applications like ilife wont work smooth and photo booth will never work. 3rd U will nvr get any updates from Apple and if Apple detects a pirated copy they will block ur OS. To cut the whole story short MAC OS ona PC will not work smooth and will be crappy so just leave it , U need the Apple hardware to load it i.e the imac.

Hey friends, MAc Os will never work on a PC. If it does so with a crack or any kinda hack it wont work smoothly and it wont be the best way of experiencing Mac OS. It 1st wont work smooth there will be some hatchets .2nd applications like ilife wont work smooth and photo booth will never work. 3rd U will nvr get any updates from Apple and if Apple detects a pirated copy they will block ur OS.

To cut the whole story short MAC OS ona PC will not work smooth and will be crappy so just leave it , U need the Apple hardware to load it i.e the imac.

Thats correct. Mac OS doesn't work smoothly in a PC because it is specially designed for Apple hardware. If you update your Hackintosh, it may crash or give kernel panics. For end users, there is no point in installing Mac OS on a PC. But for tech geeks like me, its just fun. I've installed Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my PC and it works flawlessly. Not even a single bug or error, installation was a pain though. All the features work perfectly, but i don't update it as I'm aware that updates may render it useless.