Printer Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 50,873
If u print decent amount of pages then inkjet would probably make u sell ur house just to buy the ink cartridges (if u dont use the refilled cartridges)Laser printers are much more economical..I have a samsung laser and i have printed about 1500 pgs and the toner still hasnt run out (abt 1/3 rd pages in toner save mode) even if it runs out toner refill costs abt 250 bucks..cheap and best.I have used HP quite a lot and they make the worst printers/scanners..if u need a decent photo printer/scanner go for canon..i have a canon MFD..its an ink guzzler like all inkjets but quality of printing/scanning is fantastic better than HP

i plan to get a laser in a year or two. just that i have had no success with refills on my HP deskjet so that scares me a bit with laser. laser toners are pretty expensive 😀

^^ Most Laser Printers are chipped so refills dont work , it will still consider the toner as empty , you will have to replace the chip too , it costs 500 for the refill and 300 for the chip

Hi,I expect to print around 10 to 30 pages per month. Initial cost is not a big issue for me. But I'm concerned about the running cost and not ruining the printer because my usage is very low. Any suggestions, please?Thanks for any help!

i would suggest to get the printouts from a local computer shop. would turn out to be cheaper than buying a printer. of course its not a solution for emergencies. but i have realized that owning a printer ends up costing way more if the usage is less.

Thank you for your reply, Admin!I understand your point. I think I'm just lazy enough to go to a local computer center. I think I would waste a lot of money if I stick with my laziness. :wall:Thanks again for your quick reply, Admin! I was about to purchase a printer online at any time today. :ishock:

Mummy here needs a suggestion.I'm looking for the most cost effective HP printer. I need a device that has a high print yield for a certain amount of ink if not not having cheap ink cost. Other features would be good too such as wireless printing and being lightweight. I used to have Epson printers but I think it doesn't like me; it always breaks down. I have been using HP for four years now so I think I'd stick with the brand for now. Any suggestions, boys?

ahem... HP is just like other companies when it comes to printer inks. i bought a HP all in one and that piece of shit won't print 200 pages with brand new official cartridges. refill cartridges also somehow fail to work with it. my suggestion would be to go with a good laser printer.

I am planning to buy a printer as my old inkjet finally bid farewell beyond repair. I am not that concerned about high print quality, anything decent will do as mainly it will be documents in black and white. I am looking for a three in one unit (print, scan, copy) machine which comes within my 5k budget which is bit stretchable. I have a wireless router at home, and need to do print sharing. So either wireless capability or network port is essential. Could anyone suggest me a possible option?

I am using Canon MP 145 print,scan and copy. It cost me around Rs.4000 6 months ago. Quite happy with the performance. Quality is good and works smooth.

Please feel free to ask if you need any info.

stay away from HP 😀 i have had nightmares with HP all in ones. though some other members here have had better luck.