Hosting a web server on DSL

• Thread starter Thread starter angad_singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 20,559
Hey angad_singh,The port forwarding thing works for my azureus ports. (but I have to telnet everytime the router shuts down because the power goes off and the ups is drained. Is there a way to HARD store the inbound list?)But I would like to know your Permanant Fix for the problem. But none of the links, courtesy you, worked. Is there any way you can let me in on the solution?

Here it is. The long awaited and sought of golden solution 😛

The reason I couldn't post it earlier is now invalidated! 😀
(sorry mates, I can't tell you the reason)

The perfect solution to the stone-wall problem : * RFC 1483 Bridged mode

Thx for your work angad, just so happens the airtel guy is ocming over soon to config this yozan ethernet modem.
He said earlier that only PPoA was available, will have to press him to setup PPoE (i'm sure its *also* available 😉)

Was curious to know whether you have solved this issue.

Originally posted by blr_p@Jul 11 2005, 09:35 PM
Thx for your work angad, just so happens the airtel guy is ocming over soon to config this yozan ethernet modem.
He said earlier that only PPoA was available, will have to press him to setup PPoE (i'm sure its *also* available 😉)

Was curious to know whether you have solved this issue.
[snapback]15827[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just to avoid confusion, would like to inform you that my guide tells you how to setup the connection using the "RFC 1483 Bridged" protocol, not "pppoE routed". Both are different.

The other issue will be resolved if you use the above connection method (given in my guide) 😀 . All your problems solved! 🙂

Hi angad,I tried ur soultion. It works, but now since its a dialup connection, all the problems of dialup resume again. The problems like : 1. Net connection does not starts when Windows wakes up from hibernation2. Since its a dial-up, it gets disconnected frequentlyAll the above problems i was facing with USB modem also, thats why i switched to Ethernet modem.The telnet comamnds work good, but need to be keyed again after every modem startup.If anyone can write a script of those comamnds which can be made into an executbale file, then this file can be added in Windows Startup. I think it will be a permanent solution.what do u say?

Whats the problem with that?Just drag-n-drop a shortcut of the connection, into your Startup folder.

If we have to make our rauter a modem then what is need to waste more, a second hand dsl modem is just Rs 500 here in Delhi 😛 . I do agree that automatic script that setup telnet port forwarding will help. I will try the finding solutions. Angad I tried ur script to of pppoE but at the end it don’t create shortcut or any other thing it just open network connection page. Finally I lost real settings too lol 🤔 . Well I will spend hour and will correct it. Can’t you give instruction instead of script. Anyway ur help is appreciated. Keep helping 🙄 .

Hi rohanfbd.. I wonder when have i given any "scripts" :huh:

take a look at this post again.. the final solution is making a pppoE bridged mode connection (RFC1483).. the instructions + raspppoe (pppoE driver for windows9x/me) is what i gave.. hope this solves ur problem.

Originally posted by angad_singh@Jan 15 2006, 04:02 PM
Hi rohanfbd.. I wonder when have i given any \"scripts\"  :huh:

take a look at this post again.. the final solution is making a pppoE bridged mode connection (RFC1483).. the instructions + raspppoe (pppoE driver for windows9x/me) is what i gave.. hope this solves ur problem.
[snapback]39332[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi Angad,
The exe (netconfig.exe) supplied in the "The.Airtel.pppoE.Guide" is a AutoIt script's complied executable, isn't it ? Thats why i called it a script. If its complied by you, u know that batter. Anyways i am not going to uncompress it with UPX 😉 and decomple it with AutoIt exe decompiler 😛 . I think we should move this R&D further may be someone find the real solution without making it a dialup modem.

^^ and you should be getting banned anytime Sushubh checks the forum, for posting the same msg 35 times!

Sunday matlab char baje tak sone ka kya ? heh 🙂