IControl Services is most reliable and effecient way of Entertainment

ISP
STPI
Hi , Icontrol IPTV launched by AKSH OPTIFIBRE LIMITED on MTNL & BSNL network is great experience of TV watching.Chill Feature- provide last 7 days program watching without doing any recording at our end.Cool feature : Provide Rewind/pause the live channel and then forward the program when Advertisement comesVOD: Latest movies available on this VOD segment like De Dana dan , Pathshala, Houseful

aww. they have a very bad reputation in the market. i think myway has replaced them in some markets on bsnl's network.

aww. they have a very bad reputation in the market. i think myway has replaced them in some markets on bsnl's network.

& MyWay also leads the legacy of a bad reputation. BSNL & everything related to them is simply unreliable

Considering that their DSL service is very stable, MTNL/BSNL shud start their own IPTV instead of 3rd party tie-ups.May take some time but shud be very stable.

I dumped Icontrol recently for its not upto the mark Picture Quality. They had promised of quality better than DTH/DVD. But it wasnt. My Cabelwallah is giving me better quality picture with multi-room connection and that too for 150 bucks only!Though I miss the Timeshift Feature. It was great. Will go for it again only if picture quality is taken care of. Waiting for ages for Rcom IPTV with HD channels.

I dumped Icontrol recently for its not upto the mark Picture Quality. They had promised of quality better than DTH/DVD. But it wasnt. My Cabelwallah is giving me better quality picture with multi-room connection and that too for 150 bucks only!
Though I miss the Timeshift Feature. It was great. Will go for it again only if picture quality is taken care of. Waiting for ages for Rcom IPTV with HD channels.

Oh Brother ... i've completely given up on IPTV in india for now, i personally don't they'll make it big for a couple of years now.
All the buzz about Reliance IPTV has cooled down now, their website isn't updated for more than a year now - alliance with Microsoft, Xbox being used as STB if required, HD PVR STB with HDMI - Does anyone even have them as of now ?

i am not sure if reliance is providing their IPTV services yet. i think they are. they were supposed to be using microsoft's platform that mimics the xbox live type interface. anyways... i am now waiting to see if any company in india would bring google tv to india.

i am not sure if reliance is providing their IPTV services yet. i think they are. they were supposed to be using microsoft's platform that mimics the xbox live type interface.

anyways... i am now waiting to see if any company in india would bring google tv to india.

I guess you have Airtel IPTV. Airtel looked green but even after a long time it's only available in very limited locations 🙁
I personally thought IPTV would have launched HD first at least in metros - Technically less hassles. They already have lines capable of HD streaming & all it takes is the right CPE - i'm sure it's easier to upgrade the HW @ their local exchange than in DTH service + Anytime possibilities are greater on wired connections compared to DTH :impissed:

well airtel iptv is a mess. from my experience they cannot deliver more than 1mbps on broadband on their IPTV plans. that is why they have no faster plans available for IPTV users (unless of course you get IPTV as an addon). and well. from day one i have faced this peculiar problem. i run a bunch of torrents, and my television stream gets all glitchy. it does not get affected on regular downloads through FTP or HTTP. but torrents? yes. i guess the number of connections my torrent client makes to the internets.... puts too much pressure on the line causing problems with my IPTV feed. in some ways i am disappointed. but the benefit of time shift is such that i cannot move back to cable/cas/dth.

well airtel iptv is a mess.

from my experience they cannot deliver more than 1mbps on broadband on their IPTV plans.

that is why they have no faster plans available for IPTV users (unless of course you get IPTV as an addon).

and well. from day one i have faced this peculiar problem. i run a bunch of torrents, and my television stream gets all glitchy.

it does not get affected on regular downloads through FTP or HTTP. but torrents? yes.

i guess the number of connections my torrent client makes to the internets.... puts too much pressure on the line causing problems with my IPTV feed.

in some ways i am disappointed. but the benefit of time shift is such that i cannot move back to cable/cas/dth.

Back when i was using BSNL IPTV from both IOL initially & later Myway when IOL closed down in Bangalore i don't think i had any disturbance in TV viewing while downloading heavily also. i had tested it purposefully but yes every now & then there would be disruptions either ways initially but not because of the downloads - The picture quality was better than normal TS STB. Also they had increased the bandwidth to 6Mbps as displayed on modem page & later i guess 10Mbps when i had IPTV but now it's back to 2Mbps. I discontinued IPTV because of lack of availability of regional channels & other content + also mostly because of cheating sense of Myway sales Representatives + ignorance & incapability of both Myway & BSNL customer care.