Airtel: Double Speeds only for DTH customers

• Thread starter Thread starter brickhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,910
B

brickhouse

I wrote to Airtel that my Speed hasn't been doubled as they promised till now.

An Airtel Executive calls me and tell me that my 2mbps plan Rs.1999 is not eligible

So i asked him if not double speeds then why not decrease my tariff as 1mbps users are getting 2mbps speeds after their speed were doubled and they are just paying their 1mbps tariffs Rs.1399.

He tells me i can go to the 1mbps Rs.1399 Plan and i would get 2mbps doubled speed.So i told him to send me a confirmation letter and email saying that my current 2mbps speed will be available at Rs1399 1mbps plan.He said he will do it and and call me back for confirmation

He calls back and now he has a new excuse.He says he asked all his senior executives and says that the double speeds plan is only for Airtel Dth+Broadband customers.I told him that m friend who just has an Airtel broadband connection got his speeds doubled from 1mbps to 2mbps.He says it couldn't be possible.

I told him that i will write back after checking with my friend.I have asked my friend and yes he doesn't have an Airtel DTH connection and still got double speeds from 1mbps to 2mbps

They just don't stop giving excuses

Email

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 25/06/2010 and as per the telephonic
conversation with you on your alternate number, you have
requested for the Double Speed for your
Airtel fixed line

With regards to below e-mail, we regret to inform you that we are unable to
process your request as the Double speed plans are applicable only for the
DTH customers.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to
thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a very warm and
fruitful association with you.

For any further assistance please feel free to call our Call Center number
121 /44444121 which is accessible 24 hours or email us at
wecare.west@airtel.in

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Regards,
Customer Care Officer
Airtel Telemedia Services.

I had a similar issue before....

i am not a dth customer, but my speed was upgraded from 512kbps to 1mbps, i am on swift 1099 plan

i am not a dth customer, but my speed was upgraded from 512kbps to 1mbps, i am on swift 1099 plan

thats what they are bullshiting their customers

hmm, so swift 1099/- plan got upgraded to 1 mbps. I am on Turno 1299 512/1mbps plan. I am not sure if this plan is even eligible for an upgrade. Do you suggest that i switch to swift 1099 plan?

i had suggest yes. dual speed plans are unlikely to get the speed boosts. 🙁 but do not take my word for it. airtel is being very inconsistent.

i saw that mine plan 699 plan back with 2500 minute free calling,and speed they wrote in that plan is 256kbps lol,and i am getting weired not 512kbps since 3 days,its 400kbps haha,i don't understand at all wtf they are doing.first at 7 june i was getting 550kbps around and since last 3 days i am getting 400kbps.and that ping problem still same since 4 months,daily ping increase and speed up down too much for hours like whole day mostly and get automatically fixed till night or even late night.but its sad i don't have alternate option,bsnl sucks more then airtel here.atleast i didn't lose connectivity since long time which was too often in bsnl due to bad cc.

craptel. I have a Airtel DTH i got email for double speed for Airtel BB. I sent an SMS too, no response from these crappy craptel. Anyway my airtel BB is being disconnected tonite . and i AM VERY VERY HAPPY

Even I downgraded to 1099 swift from 1299turbo plan. Now I get 1mbps for the past 1 month.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Even I downgraded to 1099 swift from 1299turbo plan. Now I get 1mbps for the past 1 month.

Another good thing is, they seem to have the same FUP limit of 100GB. I have crossed beyond 50GB and the speeds are still at 1mbps.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Another good thing is, they seem to have the same FUP limit of 100GB. I have crossed beyond 50GB and the speeds are still at 1mbps.

Even I have Turbo 1299/- plan. I got a deal from retention of 20% of on this. Now Swift 1099/- (512kbps) users have got their speed doubled apparently. How do i switch to this plan now that this does not exist in the Airtel web site?

Dont change ur plan to swift 1099 which has 1 mbps speeds it has only 15 gb Fair Usage Policy, after that 256 kbps, Fair Usage Policy may not apply now but after sometime airtel will surly apply it , other wise wat is use of officially reducing Fair Usage Policy , if it is not to be applied????

i am also not shifting for this reason only they might be tired of our emails abut the the fair usage so maybe they not applying now waiting for this thing to calm down i guess

Yeah Fair Usage Policy bomb will only detonate after sometime when enough ppl will change their existing high Fair Usage Policy plans..........