New TataPhoton Plus - What's the headphone for?

• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,300
Status
Not open for further replies.

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Hello Friends,Got myself a new TataPhoton Plus connection and along with the USB modem I got one headphone free.I also find that the USB modem has a headphone jack built into it.Can you kindly advise what the headphone jack on the USB modem is for and how I can use my headphone with it?Thanks a lot

i think it is to make voice calls using your computer. the software allows you to use the device for sms messaging from computer and making calls too.

i think it is to make voice calls using your computer. the software allows you to use the device for sms messaging from computer and making calls too.

very true, i think not any other evdo provider is giving headphone.

Thanks for the replies - but not sure how to go about making calls or sending SMS'es.I contacted their customer support and they had no clue. In fact I knew that the membership here is far more knowledgeable then those customer support guys and that's why I posted my query here in the first place 😛

Does your data plan include any voice/sms plan? I don't think so. It's confusing. Maybe existing users can shed some light on this. 😱

Yes, They have contacted me.
The karnataka Nodal officer herself have called me.
She sent me an excel file with all transactions and told me that row number 44 contains credit they gave me.
(http://holla.freeshell.org/from-nodal-officer-photon.xls)
But then it is the transaction of myself recharging the photon and saying thats the credit they gave me.
Then I called her again and explained that it is not what she thinks.

Now she said she will get back to me by "EOD". I guess that means "End of the Decade" 🙂
later,
Holla.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Here is the evidence for myself recharging the photon with 10GB (Rs.1350) on Aug 11.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Ok, well, that really does not tell me whether I recharged on 11 Aug.
This does:

I did not get a reply for the above dispute.
I could not resist but ask this to the Nodal Officer.

from Padmanabha Holla
to Nodalofficer Karnataka
date Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM
subject Re: Blog Complaint-Photon Prepaid eats up 4GB bandwidth within minutes of recharge
hide details 9:45 AM (0 minutes ago)
Dear Ms. Thomas,

So my guess is that EOD means "End of the Decade?"

regards,
--
Holla.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Nodalofficer Karnataka wrote:
Dear Mr. Holla,

Thank you for writing to us at Tata Tele Services Ltd.

We acknowledge receipt of your mail dated 15th Sep 2010.

With reference to your appended mail and as per the telephonic conversation we had with you in the alternate number - 94492xxxxx regarding your Tata Indicom number – 9241006032, we would like to inform you that your complaint is being investigated by our prepaid billing department. We would revert to you on the same by EOD.

As a service provider, we firmly believe that the key to customer satisfaction is adding value to a relationship that is continual and long-lasting.

Should there be further clarifications, please feel free to get in touch with us at 9243199970.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times

Kind Regards,

Stella Thomas

Nodal Officer -KA

Today at around 13:40, the Nodal Officer Stella called me and told me that Tata Indicom has credited back the erroneously consumed usage back to my account.I am posting this using the newly allocated bandwidth.Thank you, India Broadband Forum, without your help this would not have happened.You proved that customer voice works.You have provided the necessary platform to shout. (and man, I enjoyed every bit of it 🙂 )-- Holla.

helloi too got that earphones wid my photo+wonderin what use will it be of??? considering the length of its cord...... hardly 10cms!!!!!!!:redface:

its not a headphone jack!!! its an external anntennae jack!!!! read the freakin manualat least thats what the customer service guy told me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.