Loop mobile services!

• Thread starter Thread starter sri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 26,952
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have got 2 testimonials to the data usage for Tapatalk, and may be some light emailing/social networking.I m sure, no videos for me. And apps - i wud download only the updates that have no other option, but to download via cell.

All app updates can be downloaded via wifi. 🙂

I need to have a wireless router for that. But i think u gave me a really good idea dude. I can just invest in a router & download stuff directly to my cell, if i want!

----------

PS: Thats when i m home though!

You would require wifi or 3g to download most updates. Downloading updates on edge can be a frustrating experience.200 bucks on 3g would be better imo, if you want to download updates on the go.

Lets see. Do u mean to say, theres absolutely no alternative, for downloading updates? I mean only thru cell only, or do we get to download it to PC & then push it into the cell?

You can download via your phone or push via pc. Keep in mind that when you push stuff from the pc, you will require your phone to connected to the internet so that the phone can receive the stuff. Its not like the ios devices where stuff downloaded via iTunes is synced through USB. There is one way though. You can download .apk files of the applications you want and copy them to the sd card. Then whilst on the phone you have to open the .apk and install the app. However these .apk files are not available on the market and you have to look elsewhere (blapkmarket, ipmart, mobilism)Please note that the above sites also host cracked versions of paid apps.

Thanks for the info, so it means that if i want to b assured that i stay legitimate, i shud spend a few extra bucks for it! I will draw a line when i feel its going too high. May be draw a line on my usage, or draw a line on my Policy! 😉

@ Mascot....I want to know which operator u r on. Coz one of my cousin came here from Gujarat today & he was being charged separately for Data, despite of having a Data plan. So if that is the policy of Idea, i better shift out of it.

I am using Reliance 3G and Vodafone Blackberry Services. Neither of them charge any extra data charge in roaming. Even idea sudn't charge it. Its ridiculous if they are charging .

I will check again for myself. But 1 thing is pretty clear, my cousin had a data plan of Rs.149 for 2GB, and still he was getting charged separately while on roaming. If thats the case, i will have to shift to Vodafone again!

Vodafone is good for data plan they dont charfe on roaming .. just get 2 gb top up and done .. There speed is also good one

What an irony it wud b if i port to VF......i quit it few months back, to get better network & call schemes that suit my needs. I just hope Idea is not doing such a cheap thing by charging separately for data on roaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.