High Pings

• Thread starter Thread starter ultra vires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,060
ISP
MTNL 749NU
i am gettin arnd 300ms pings to the FS sever so i can barely play there, and when i tell this to those b*st*rds at sify care that damn a s s hole says hacking hacking , adn i had to shout that it was ping u @$$hole not hacking. and after all this effort. he gives me a complaint no., which i hav loads of, so can u tell me whom should i phone and vent my anger at, coz now i can really kill there entire managment board. :angry:

you're lucky you're gettin 300 ping, that's good for a sify connection 😉

Pinging is hacking? :blink: then Sushubh will go to jail :lol:

well they blocked pings before i joined sify. at airtel i ping a site 24x7 which keeps me updated on my network condition. 🙂

Whenever I am online using a Reliance Fixed Wireless Phone I have to continuously ping some site too, otherwise the phone beeps every 10 seconds lol.

i think sygate firewall is best tool to handle such situations.it blocks all such activities and report us thier(those who want to hack..) ip numbers.try it.

Sygate BAH @$#*$#^ and some more swear words....Nearly lost me a war.....Zonealarm is the best.

i use sygate tooo. its not at all good....coz...its awesome :lol: , i use norton 2005 adn ad-aware in combination to protect my comp frm spyware's.and btw im still waitin for someone to contact me and resolve the issue regardin high pings. i will wait till moday then after that im gonna shoot those b*st*rds in there parking lots, wont allow them to run. as these @$$holes r good at runnin away. :angry:

Well I believe the majority of the opinion would be that sygate is the best firewall going now. In other boards, people are saying that too 😉. I used zonealarm, nothing bad about it, but I like sygate better.

I think Sygate gives you more power and flexibility to configure your firewall.Probably these options are there in ZA as well, just that they hide it all behind all the user-friendly interface.Maybe Sygate isn't configured to be as secure as ZA by default? Maybe that's why some people are having problems with Sygate and not with ZA.I for myself definitely like ZA because it takes care of things without much tweaking 🙂

Well I'm no computer programmer or such, but a programmer in another board compared all the firewalls available in the market. Zonealarm is best for ease of use, while Sygate is more for the advanced users. He said sygate definitely have more tweakable options. I know my computer was hacked once, and sygate got a drift of it. I stopped it and backtraced it.

forget the high pings i was talkin about the other day now i cant evn get a response frm kawabonka and FS gives 550 ms pings. :angry:

Sygate rules alll . Also see look'n'stop its a liteeeee and very customisable firewall hardly takes any ram if u wanna run it on slow pc's . It doesnt depends on firewalls how good they are but the users who configure rules on them .I am loving Iptables . it rules alll 🙂