Help! Airtel 4mbps unlimited plan but giving me 1mbps only!

• Thread starter Thread starter shankar2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,024

shankar2

ISP
Airtel
Hi, I opted for 4mbps unlimited plan but after a month or so of usage, the speed is 1mbps only as per speedtest.net.I called Airtel and they keep checking my pc for problems! I requested them that the prob is at Airtel's end but no success.Any tips on what I should do now?

was the speed low in the same month or in the next month startcause they have a fair usage policy?

How do I find usage / month? I dont think I d/l'ed 50gb data!

at airtel.in account usage on top right section

also not all 4mbps plans are 4mbps

for testing,play atleast a 720p video at youtube

Thanks all for the help! Turns out it was an Airtel backend problem and Airtel engg. fixed the issue. There was no usage policy in effect!

When they install my 4 mbps plan, it was 2 mbps the technician told me to wait.... and as I watch he test the speed on speedtest.net and show me the speed it was 2 mbps. So he call up the Aitel station or whatever it is, and talk to the guy at the end to increase the speed. After a few minutes he check the speed and it was 2mbps still. So he call up again and again several times to make it 4 mbps and after 20 minutes, he load speedtest.net again and VIOLA the speed comes around 4mbps and they they ask me to confirm the speed, I told them 3.07 mbps :thumb:so my advice is you call the modem installer guy or the technician guy to fix it