Airtel DTH started it's ugly watermark

• Thread starter Thread starter chakri_ek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 7,127

chakri_ek

ISP
BSNL
From an e-mail I sent to Airtel DTH:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hello Team Airtel Digital TV, Congratulations! You have started learning all the bad practices from your competitors and started disappointing your customers. If you are wondering how, kindly read on: 1. The reason I got Airtel DTH in the first place was solely because you had a small transparent watermark logo on the screen unlike Tata Sky and BigTv. Now it looks like some new MBA guy loaded with Brand Visibility fundas has given you some stupid suggestions. So today I find that you have changed your logo to a gaudy opaque ugly thing that serves no purpose other than to distract the viewers. For your information, your customers are not idiots. Your customers don't need to be reminded that they are watching the wonderful TV on Airtel. Similarly, they dont need to be reminded that it's all possible due the DVB-S2 technology. Nobody cares about that. Finally, didn't anybody tell you that whatever changes you make should ONLY ENHANCE the VIEWING EXPERIENCE of your customers, but not get in thet way? Show me one person in the whole country who will say he likes the new gaudy opaque logo better than the earlier transparent one. Congratulations again. Now you have become as bad as BigTV and DishTV. Instead of improving your services beyond your competitors, you have degraded yourself to their levels. 2. I wont even ask you why you have removed the popular Bhakti TV channel and replaced it with yet another regional news channel ABN. You will give me the standard TataSky answer that customers asked for the ABN News. While it's nice to know that you care for customer requests, shouldn't you also be concerned about the other customers? If you want to introduce a new channel, create a slot for it. You have no right to remove an existing popular channel (and don't even tell me that Airtel reserves the right to change channels at it's sole discretion. In that case, I can change my service proivider as well at my sole discretion). Now I know I should have gone for Sun Direct. At least they have a grip on what channels are popular with South Indians. But all is not bad. The cable guys' attitude has changed after DTH came in. Now they really have a functioning "Customer Care". I have reactivated my Hathway digital cable for my second TV. And they don't show their logo in my face either. Pretty good service too. I just hope they will lauch the DVR soon. Im waiting for the day when digital cable will make a comeback and put you arrogant DTH guys in your place. And you are helping in bringing that change. Important Note: For the call centre person who will be reading this mail. Please don't give me a standard "We are looking into your request..." nonsense. Im really not expecting a reply. Just forward this to whoever makes decisions at Airtel DTH. I still have hopes for Airtel. All the best.Kalyana C E

photos?

Airtel is seriously going DOWN with ALL its services 🙁 It's really sad!

photos?
Hi,
I dont have any pics now. But they have already changed the watermark on some channels (like ESPN, HBO etc)

Thanks,

I agreed with Chakri.

They dont understand and why need to display pathetic logo instead of watermark.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Can check with south regional channels.... (e.g, jaya, raj tv)

you need to provide a better picture. and brrr. you are a Tata Sky fanboy 😀

I have taken this pic from some other forum. And plz dont call me like dis like TS fanboy and all. Its really akward that providing info abt his/her own DTH makes someone Fanboy or who label them as working in TS. No matter same has been done to some old members here.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Admin here it is taken from other forum as IBF is slow in DTH matters 😀

I have mailed them too regarding their stupid opaque logo.Funny Thing is the logo(watermark) has MPEG4 DVB S-2.Other DTH Operators are boasting HD and airtel is still stuck in its obsession for MPEG4.

this is even worse than Tata Sky..utter rubbish..MPEG 4 and DVB S-2 is such a big thing that u need to have it in the logo 😱.

i saw tht logo on few channels today on my ADTV and i was like WTF! I don understand what the f is there to boast about MPEG4 DVD S2?! lol at these dumb idiots. They think that "ALL" indians are dumb asses who don't know "ANYTHING" and will say "AWESOME!, OMG!" to whatever sh!t they say....If they are not going to remove that holy cow logo, iam going to throw the airtel stb in dust bin and the dish from my terrace. Let them put their logo FULL SCREEN and let one small window be there for the channel that again with their logo.Next Airtel will ask all its employees to wear underwear which has "MPEG4 DVB S2" printed on it.Seriously this act from airtel freaked me out today....iam paying money to watch content of channels and not to watch what bull crap technology they are using..all over screen.

Wow, that's one of the worst logo's I've ever seen. That would definitely affect your viewing.

Yo guysthnks for emails n stuff to airtel dth ..finally we got transparent watermark back on airtel..thnks alot

Read the post which says that the messages to Airtel on the ugly logo made them revert to the old, transparent logo.Can we do something on the same lines to get BhaktiTV back on air? Is it ok for Airtel to remove any channel on and off air at its own will and wish? Can I approach consumer court in this regard?Regards...