BSNL Broadband double speed on 256kbps plan

• Thread starter Thread starter ashutosh_x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 135
  • Views Views 35,349

ashutosh_x

ISP
BSNL 256 kbps
Reliance and Airtel have already upgraded their tariff plans in a way that Airtel provides double the speed (with strings attached perhaps) from June 2010 and Reliance also following the bandwagon upgrading the tariff.

Following are the new tariffs of reliance broadband (they look pretty good).

Welcome to Reliance Communications

Anyone has any ideas on if and when BSNL will wake up to this? They have also updated their tariffs but you can hardly call it an update.

Guys,I think BSNL has doubled its speed again. I am getting 50+ download speed for a Home unlimited 256 connection. Looks like BSNL has upgraded its speed to 512 kbps.Strange are the ways of BSNL. Please confirm if others are experiencing the same.Ashutosh

as i was browsing at 1:30 AM this morning i lost my connection. despite repeatedly restarting my modem i could'nt connect. today afternoon when i turned on the modem i got very slow connection. it took hell of lot of time to even open google.com, yahoo.com and rediff.com. when i started to download a file i saw it was going at the speed of 60+ kbps. when i checked through speedtest.net, it showed my connection as 512kbps. so i guess they have upgraded.

ouch!! I shifted my plan to a limited one!! :wall:

Thanks to all the dudes who responded in this thread.One thing I want to know is : Is this a 512 unlimited plan without strings attached? Or it is one of the plans where you get 512 kbps upto certain gb of data transfer and then it gets back to 256 kbps for rest of the month?-Ashutosh

it will remain at this speed for a month or two and then will return to 256 after a month.cost will remain same

I am in Bangalore and not finding any difference. Let me try to reboot my Modem and PC both and then give my findings. By the way, are you using BSNL Speed Test or some other site to test the speed?

---------- Post added June 1st, 2010 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was May 31st, 2010 at 11:32 PM ----------

Rebooted my Modem + PC. There is no change in my speed. I am using 512kbps UL and it still remains same speed for me 🙁

Anyone from Bangalore with 512kbps UL plan noticed the double speed offer, which made your speed to 1mbps?

I am in Bangalore and not finding any difference. Let me try to reboot my Modem and PC both and then give my findings. By the way, are you using BSNL Speed Test or some other site to test the speed?

---------- Post added June 1st, 2010 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was May 31st, 2010 at 11:32 PM ----------

Rebooted my Modem + PC. There is no change in my speed. I am using 512kbps UL and it still remains same speed for me 🙁

Anyone from Bangalore with 512kbps UL plan noticed the double speed offer, which made your speed to 1mbps?

well i'm from Bangalore and i have a 256UL Home Plan and my speed is 512kbps right now. i think they're not doubling the speeds. my guess here is that BSNL might have followed Airtel which recently announced its minimum speed will be 512kbps. thats why only the guys who got 256kbps connection are getting 512kbps speeds.

thats right i'm using 1350 plan too. and speed remains the same at 512 kbps. this is truly unfair. we are paying double price actually. i'm gonna call bsnl in the morning