BSNL 3G data card TERACOM not detected by pc

• Thread starter Thread starter cruiser91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 46,251
Hi oldtimer I replaced my data card. Now this one detect my pc. BUT again misfortune stays with me. Most of the times it cant catch UMTS signal and content itself with GSM only. I even tried Manually forcing it to get UMTS (3G) network ... but no use. even if it catches signal... disappears quickly and modem LED (green) starts blinking.. I m pissed at BSNL now.. so much effort for bloody 1 - 2 KBps... 😡

Can you please tell me how u replaced the data card. I have the similar problem... IS this card is coming with warranty?

Can you please tell me how u replaced the data card. I have the similar problem... IS this card is coming with warranty?
yes binoy.. this card do comes with guarantee.. I just went to the bsnl exchange and submitted my old data card...they gave me a new one at tht instant.. 🙂

Hello, I have bought BSSNL 3G usb data card device.Whenever I plug in the device it automatically install the drivers.When I click on the BSNL logo it it shows "No device". When I check in "My Computer->Manage->->Device Manager->Modems" teracom modem is shown with yellow exclamation mark as Unknown device. It prompts to reinstall drivers I double click on it.When I reinstall or update the driver , my computer suddenly shows "Blue screen error" and shows bad parameters.After which I need to manually restart the laptop. I have (Windows XP,Professional 2002, Pack3).This MODEM does not work on either of them and I have obsereved it works well only on Windows XP , Pack2.

It works for me in VIsta premium and win-7 ultimate with out any issues... but i faced this kind of issues during installing in vista... then i did a clean up of previously installed USB based drivers and then installed the BSNl first, that time it started working with out any problem, leter i am able to install all the drivers.

Yes, I already tried to uninstalling and reinstalling.But every time I plug in the modem it shows some parameter location message for which I get option like Cancel,Contiue.Once I click Continue it reinstall the driver.And bang again my system hangs with Blue Screen Error.

i just bought bsnl 3g data card(teracom 3.6 mbps) in bsnl exchange few weeks before, it was working very slowly for the first two week and now suddenly datacard is not deducted by my laptop and my desktop, LED (light)is not at all glowing ,there is no response when i plug the data card. i think the data card is gone. what i have to do now? is bsnl 3g data card comes with warranty or guaranty? if yes, how many months or years?Please help me if anybody faced the same problem.If you have any idea about this please help me. Thanks friends, Rajmohan

Mine went bad in just 2 days ( its more then a month now and they have not replaced it yet 😛 ) BTW 1 year warranty it has (hope so you have not thrown Receipt in dustbin)

Why do you guys buy modem from BSNL when their customer service is so bad.

today i bought one Idea modem, to be used with BSNL sim.
Its Huawei 1550 model, costs Rs.1550 only + its unlocked, works perfectly with BSNL 3G. supports speeds upto 3.6mbps.
came with a small USB cable and cable is although short but doesn't disconnects like with longer cables.

few pics

https://i.imgur.com/vnxIX.jpg

Why do you guys buy modem from BSNL when their customer service is so bad.
पागल कुत्ता काट लिया था । Why are yoy using BSNL 3G if their CS is so bad 😛

Kunal, thats a funny reply.Yes their customer service is bad, and thats the reason I didn't bought modem from them, Using their SIM is only option as my region doesn't haveany private player for 3G.Secondly I find mobile shops/dealers are more prompt on replacing a faulty unit.

yes i know bsnl guys dont have knowledge of their own job & products, but i have no other choice for 3g, no other network provides 3g network in my area. My wired bsnl broadband was really great and i never had problem with that. But I didnot expect that the bsnl 3g device will get failure.I also replaced my bsnl 3g sim.
I hope bsnl guys will replace my device immediately tomoro. I really think bsnl 3g will improve greately in just few months. I Know 3g is new to bsnl guys, it may take some time for them to improve their service. But once bsnl becomes good then it remains good forever. I hope after one year we all will love bsnl 3g defenetely. Other network providers are creeping money with hidden charges and without our knowledge too. I lost more money in airtel & vodafone without my knowledge and there is no information from the 2g network providers. Airtel ,aircel and vodafone are charging even for a customer care call, if you are in roaming you will lose all your money without your knowledge.
thanks guys,
Pain or gain i am planning to go with Bsnl 3g. if u r a bsnl 3g user please give me tips to get benifit from bsnl 3g.
Rajmohan.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Please give me a guaranty and warranty details of bsnl 3g data card.(teracom 3.6 Mbps)
thanks friends.

Hello friends,I bought Bsnl 3g teracom data card few weeks before and now its not at all working, the computers not detecting this device. There is no led glow, nothing happens when i insert my device even on new computer. I Know the data card is gone. If anybody replaced their data card from Bsnl. Please tell me what to do to replace my data card. I went to bsnl office in my area where i bought my data card but they are not replacing my data card. Hello cruiser91 how did u replace your data card? how many days they have taken to replace your data card?Please Help Me I am stressed a lot.Thanks

I have the same problem. Have tried steps 1 to 4 (my card is readable on Comp-B), have uninstalled the software and rebooted Comp A. However, when I click on explorer it shows that there is a removable disk but shows that the disk is blank (on Comp B I can see the contents of the USB with windows explorer). This is the same message on Comp A with all the USB ports.