Wierd MTNL Broadband Problem on Windows Vista

• Thread starter Thread starter rhishikesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,804

rhishikesh

ISP
MTNL
My MTNL broadband connection suddenly stops working on my Windows Vista Laptop and the ADSL and ethernet light starts flickering vigorously. When I check the Network status, I see hugh amount of data is sent across the network but the recieved data packet does not move at all. When I remove the ethernet cable and connect to my XP desktop it works without a problem. Again when I connect the ethernet cable to my Laptop after few hours, it starts working but within few hours I face same issue. Please help.

Might be possible that ur laptop is sending some data to some website, i.e. microsoft for some windows update or verification.Try to leave it for sometime and than see what happens. And uploading is as of free on MTNL. Dont worry.😉

I have tried that many times. Once left it for 4-5 hrs but the flickering continued and more than 8 GB data was sent. Only option i have is to disconnect ethernet cord. Shutdown Laptop and use it after few hours or sometimes next day 🙂

I use NOD32 and my virus definition is upto date. Dont think its a virus.
with all due respect to nod32 download kaspersky internet security 2010 trial n check

run resmon or whatever utility to see which process is actually sending out the data.

8GB sent in 5 hours :ishock:? You would need around 4 mbps upload speed to achieve that!

This looks like your machine is being used as a zombie machine for somebody's nefarious activities, it should be checked out for virus/trojans/other malware.

8GB sent in 5 hours :ishock:? You would need around 4 mbps upload speed to achieve that!

Yep.. thats why even I am confused. This issue is really wierd..